Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The “Millions” score by John Murphy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

The score to the British film “Millions” is actually pretty good (even though it’s basically one big variation of Edward Scissorhands) while many clueless Elfman fans here have called the score a complete rip-off; here is the actual truth:

The director “Danny Boyle” wanted Danny Elfman to score “Millions” and score it in a similar style to “Edward Scissorhands” but couldn’t get him due to the movie being “British” which meant there were big problems in getting an American composer involved so instead Boyle hired “John Murphy” and personally told him to temp-track the entire score to “Edward Scissorhands” by Elfman which he did.

“John Murphy” did nothing but honour Elfman’s work, so it’s rather pointless regarding all of the outraged Elfman fans immature posts regarding it being a carbon copy etc.

I listen to the Millions score quite a lot actually (it may be unoriginal but it’s still very enjoyable) heck anything composed in a Scissorhands manner is enjoyable to me.

nunomarkl
    Participant

Clueless? Immature? No need to be rude. I was the one who said that the Millions score was a Scissorhands rip-off… I understand Murphy’s good intentions and I will see the movie (it looks wonderful!); but when something is just soooo similar to one of my all-time favorite scores, I tend to prefer the original and get a bit enraged.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.