Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Polar Express commercial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    p0pr0ck53
    Participant

Does anyone know if the music that’s on the current Polar Express commerical is Elfman’s? I just found this site in my search for this answer,so I figured I’d post and maybe one of you could help since you seem to know stuff like this. If it’s not a Elfman work, it sounds very much like him. So much so that I had to ask. Ok,Thanks much!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Can you post a link to the commercial that you’re talking about? I know that the music in Trailer 3 is from David Arnold’s Stargate, entitled “Masradge Drag.”

UPDATE: I just checked the Polar Express website and the TV spots that it has. The first two feature the “Masradge Drag” track. The third spot has music from James Newton Howard’s “Peter Pan” score. TV spot 4 has about 5 seconds of Danny Elfman’s “Edward Scissorhands” score, followed by what sounds to be a track from Alan Silvestri’s score for Polar Express. You can hear the theme playing on the website, and it’s very “Edward”-esque. It sounds like it suits the movie perfectly.

http://polarexpressmovie.warnerbros.com

p0pr0ck53
    Participant
    SleepyHello
    Participant

not sure what it is, but it’s not Elfman.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I hope it’s not from the film.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Go back to my last post. I explain it all. In TV spot 4, it begins with “Edward Scissorhands” and progresses with some original Silvestri music for Polar Express. I don’t see what you’re so oppsed to, TenderLumpling. I really like the very appropriate music. Listen to it more at the official site, it loops in the Flash version.

Adamanta
    Participant

So … sorry if you guys already explained this, but they don’t have their soundtrack info up yet. But do you know if he’s doing the music for ‘The Polar Express’? Danny, I mean. The main site for the movie where you build a snowman and whatnot DID sound very much like Edwards Scissorhands, like you guys said.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I don’t see what you’re so oppsed to, TenderLumpling. I really like the very appropriate music. Listen to it more at the official site, it loops in the Flash version.

I don’t know, usually, I love movies packed with mock-Edward Scissorhands music.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Once again, the music is by Alan Silvestri and it was written as part of the Polar Express score. It loops on the website! It does! Danny Elfman was not in any way involved with this movie.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Danny Elfman was not in any way involved with this movie.

Hmm, did I say that he was?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Nah, Adamanta did. I just wanted to clarify for him, because he thought that he was maybe involved. You’re a regular, TenderLumpling, I know that you know that Danny wasn’t involved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.