Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Visiting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Danny Burton
    Participant

Is this movie EVER going to come out? I just read it’s been moved again to November of 2007 (!!). Not a good sign at all.

I was just checking IMDB and Elfman is not credited anymore, John Ottman is.

Ryan, do you have any idea if Elfman really dropped out?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

So far as I can tell, Danny’s still aboard. IMDb is the only site that says it’s Ottman, and it’s based on submissions, so it’s probably not accurate. As for the release date, I’ve heard that the director had to do extensive reshoots and re-edits, meaning he did a bad job putting the whole thing together from the start. Nonetheless, I’d like to hear what Danny would come up with for it, granted he’s still writing the score.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I think we would have heard by know if Elfman is outta here. Though I still think there is plenty of time for him to jump ship.

Sounds like SPIDER MAN 3 is also doing reshoots as well, but hey, that’s common – doesn’t mean it’s a bad movie…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Reshoots on a $200 million-plus action movie are common — the studio wants the most bang from its buck. Spider-Man 3 also still on track for the release date set two years ago. The Visiting was supposed to be released this year, and now it’s going to be released at the end of next year. Not a gret sign. I really do hope that by then, they’ll have a good movie on their hands, because it certainly sounds interesting.

Dawg Man
    Participant

IMDB is retarded. Don’t believe them.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Looks like Elfman passed on this one.

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Care to elaborate? If this is true, I’m disappointed.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

John Ottman is on the film. I imagine that whatever comes to Danny Elfman first trickles down to other composers once he passes.

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

I’m not mad he’s out. All signs point to this being a stinker. Not that a film being bad means we can’t get excellent music.

Too bad, as I love Nicole Kidman and Downfall was an amazing film.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Oh, you’re all too quick to say it’s a stinker. Remember, they’re re-shooting stuff, to make it better. That’s a good thing, right? Now if they don’t screen it for critics, then we have an issue here…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.