skip to Main Content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ddddeeee 3 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ddddeeee
    Participant

Been added to Danny’s IMDB page.

Might be nothing, but Joe Roth is producing and he’s worked with Elfman a number of times.

ddddeeee
    Participant

DannyBiker
    Participant

So close to Dumbo’s release date, additional composers are already warming up…

ddddeeee
    Participant

He’s working on Dumbo now, so hopefully things aren’t too cramped…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Saw a few mentions of this in my Google feed, I wonder if Elfman is still attached.

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s mentioned on his website and his agency site. I’d guess he’s working on it now.

He has the cello concerto, National Youth Orchestra commission and the percussion concerto (though this one premieres in early 2021) to work on next year, so I wonder if this is going to be his last movie for a while.

iggybiggy
    Participant

Danny is scheduled to be in London from October 11th to the 23rd to start recording for Dr. Doolittle

ddddeeee
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

I generally love the London recordings (Alice Through the Looking Glass, in particular, sounds fantastic), but there have been a few scores lately were some recordings have been off. Most of Justice League sounds great, but some sounds muffled ( ‘The World Needs Superman’, for example). Newton Howard’s Crimes of Grindelwald was recorded there and had similar issues. There are a few moments in Dumbo that sound a bit muffled too.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 2 hours ago by  ddddeeee.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.