Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tim Burton directing stop-motion Addam’s Family movie.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sandyclaws
    Participant

Anyone see this coming? Wow. This will be cool!

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=31316

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This is a long way off… So plenty of time to ponder WHY?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I’m happy that he’s really been hitting the stop motion, again.

I love those old Adam’s Family drawings; I can see that Burton was inspired by them.

My blood is black and white stripe and flows in swirling patterns to the tune of Danny Elfman’s music. THAT is how much a Tim Burton fan I am. But this is an effing AWFUL idea. The Barry Sonnenfeld films were amazing and given the darkly comic nature of the original, and the production of the films themselves…they were very Burton-esque. When talking to a friend about this, he thought the original movies were directed by Tim Burton. I truly truly do love Tim Burton and I believe his only big creative misstep was Planet of the Apes…but honestly, I would love to see him do more original work. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure? Classic. Beetlejuice was amazing, Edward Scissorhands was sublime, Mars Attacks was bitchin. Off the top of my head, those are the only four movies he’s directed that weren’t based on something else.

I, for one, sadly am NOT anticipating this at all.

The music on the other hand? Well… :-)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well no need to get worked up into a foaming frenzy, as Burton’s camp has denied the ADDAMS story to MTV. And because it’s MTV, that means something.

elfboy91
    Participant

I trust MTV for all of my musical needs! :) They are so knowledgeable when it comes to… well, music!?

Right?… right?…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

It’s called Music Television, so of course the whole network has to be devoted to music.

Oh wait…

Thor
    Participant

Why not get Shaiman to do it? He already did a good Elfman pastiche in the feature films anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.