Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tim Burton MOMA Spot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m assuming everyone has seen this… Featuring music by Danny Elfman.

elfboy91
    Participant

well I’ve seen it now Ryan.. That gives me a great reason to visit New York…

Lucius
    Participant

I am soooo going. I can’t wait!!

Lucius

detbat
    Participant

OMG!! Had the best night last night!! I thought I’d have to share.

I have travelled from Sydney Australia just to be exactly were I was last night!
    Tim Burton Tribute Party at the MOMA!!!

I still can’t believe that it all happened.

I got to chat to Danny DeVito which was awesome. Elfman was there but didnt get a chance to chat : (
    Thats twice now (Disney Concert Hall) where Elfman has been in the same building as me and that alone floats my boat!! = )

To give an impression of the vibe it was kind of like Batman Returns Max Shrek”s Annual “Max-erade” ball

Depp + Helena also were there!!!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Awesome – congrats. I’m going in the new year.

Here’s an article and photos from the event:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2009/11/tim-burton-helps-kick-off-retrospective-at-moma.html

If I were you, detbat, I would have tried to chat with Ashley Greene.

sandyclaws
    Participant

I am soooo disappointed. I was there in New York at the time of the tribute party and had no idea it was going on! I knew the exhibit was going to happen but I was leaving before the opening but had no idea that they were all there when I could have seen them! BAAH!! (head explodes) Oh well, I guess there’s always next time…..NEVER! Alright, I’m done. Thanks for listening.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Here’s Danny at the MoMa Opening. They ask about Spider-Man 4, but do you think that he is kinda talking about The Wolfman?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/11/23/will-danny-elfman-return-for-spider-man-4/

The funny thing about that article is that they say he composed Spider-Man 3 when that wasn’t the case at all. Great research team they have over there at MTV. lol. But it’s amusing how political Elfman was. Everyone knows that the answer is “no” but he decided to answer with a “maybe.” Then again, he’s right. You never know. Its been 5 years. I doubt Elfman and Raimi still hate each other. And seeing how Chris Young’s score was also treated badly, I wouldn’t be surpised if they got rid of him. Raimi seems to like him, especially since he hired him for Drag Me to Hell, but I don’t think Sony is too crazy about him.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Boo for geo-targeting your videos, MTV.

D-Bo
    Participant

Spider-Man 4? WTF?

They’re at an exhibit featuring Tim Burton. Why didn’t they ask him to talk about — oh, I don’t know — Alice in Wonderland, maybe?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.