Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Top 10 Best superhero scores not done by Elfman or Williams

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lonzoe
    Participant

I’m just curious to see what you guys think. Thanks.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Here’s a few in no particular order…

THE PHANTOM – David Newman
    THE SHADOW – Jerry Goldsmith
    X-MEN – Michael Kamen
    X-MEN 2 – John Ottman
    X-MEN 3 – John Powell
    BATMAN FOREVER – Elliot Goldenthal
    BATMAN & ROBIN – Elliot Goldenthal
    BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM – Shirley Walker

Ryan

The score to “The Shadow” was freakin’ awesome! The first and second “X-Men” scores I really didn’t like that much, especially Kamens. The last one I thought was excellent. “Batman Forever” kinda sticks out.

I’m trying to compile a few of my own…this is kinda hard lol. Elfman and Williams have been responsible for the scores to the films based on the most iconic superheroes: Batman and Superman. I mean theres Batman Begins but the score wasn’t as good as the movie it accompanied and Superman Returns, well the original theme was used so much its kinda hard to differentiate.

KWashi
    Participant

II can’t give you a top ten, but I’m particularly fond of:
    Elliot Goldenthal’s “Batman Forever” score – the tracks names alone are great, but I love the craziness of the score….the “Nygma Variations” is just a completely awesome track….especially when the saxophone, theremin, and voice all come together
    Nelson Riddle’s “Batman” – I love the jazziness of the CD, and it’s just a crazy superhero score that’s completely silly (for the most part)
    Micheal Giacchino’s “The Incredibles” – This might be my favorite non-Elfman or non-Williams (not fair! Superman’s one of my favorites!) it’s alot like John Barry’s Bond scores (which are some of my absolute favorites at the moment), but even when I didn’t know who John Barry was, it was a good score, especially “Life’s Incredible Again”, “Bob Vs the Omnidroid”, “The 100 Mile Dash”, and “The Incredits”. Good stuff.

KWashi
    Participant

After watching some of the Batman Animated series……goodness, Shirley Walker is brilliant. I wish I could get some of that show’s music (more than just the Phantasm) on CD. That show used real instruments, not electronics, right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.