Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Unrelated to Elfman, but…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

… I thought some of you film score junkies may be pleased to know that Collector’s Choice Music has released John Williams score for THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK. Loooooooong out of print, this was quite a shock to see at my local record shop.

The quality is great, and that “Dance of The Witches” piece is as thrilling as anything William’s has composed, not to mention an interesting precursor to HARRY POTTER. Very Elfman-ish. If you find a copy – snag it!

Dawg Man
    Participant

I noticed the Harry Potter sound in there too. I think he almost quotes the Potter theme with horns before spinning off in another direction during one section of the cue.

Thor
    Participant

This was actually rereleased a couple of months ago. Too bad for me, because about two years ago I shelled out $40 for the old, hard-to-get release.

In any case, it’s great to have this Bernard Herrmann-inspired Williams score widely available again. I should note, however, that there were some problems with the first batch of rereleased CD’s (some digital fluttering). This was later rectified, but perhaps it would be best to check/ask before you buy. For more details about this, see the following thread:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.asp?threadID=34205&forumID=1

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yes, yes. It was released in June of this year – but it was new to me, and no one else posted comments about it yet…

My CD sounds fine, and I’m listening to it…………. NOW (joy!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.