Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Wanted and Hellboy II

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gordonblu
    Participant

I just received the CD’s to both of these films from Amazon (I would have gotten them sooner but I live in a score barren landscape filled with country, rap, High School Musical, and Hannah Montanah), I haven’t been able to listen through them completely but Success Montage on Wanted is absolutely incredible

I have always loved Russian sounding music, and Elfman’s style has always had a slight Russian sound to it, but Danny doing a full-on Russian theme just makes my blood pump a little faster.

When I heard that Marco Beltrami was not doing the music for the new Hellboy, the only thing that softened the blow was that Danny was going to write it. His score is not bad, i’m listening to it as I type, but I miss Beltrami’s themes. His score for the first Hellboy just blew me away when I first heard it. Even though the new one is Elfman’s, I’m not having the same reaction this time around. Despite that, it is still a good album.

Anyway those are my thoughts on his latest. I can’t wait for Alice!

Update 8/11/08 I have been doggedly listening to both since receiving them and have to say that of the two I think Hellboy is the stronger album. For me the best part of Wanted is the afore mentioned “Success Montage”, although I would love to hear the Russian version of “the Little Things”.
    Hellboy is saved by its quirkiness. I absolutely love “Mein Herring” and “A Troll Market”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.