Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Watch “Bernard Herrmann: Music for Movies”…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

Well, I’m sure many of you are interested in this. Here’s the 1992 documentary on BERNARD HERRMANN called “Bernard Herrmann: Music for Movies”…

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

And As a Bonus, here’s another (pretty corny) Documentary on Herrmann (YouTube must have a lot of film music fans)…

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Thank-you.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Thank you ! Two nice analysis of who I consider the most important film composer of all time…

I wonder though how long these kind of videos will be allowed on youtube. I’m pretty sure that in one year, we’ll only be able to upload home made videos…

D-Bo
    Participant

Dude, this is awesome. I’m actually doing a paper on Bernard Herrmann for my 20th Century Music History class. Thank you so much.

evil-dead
    Participant

Wierd. I did a paper on Bernard Herrmann for my 20th century music class many moons ago. There’s a book i used called “A Heart at Fire’s Center” that’s got tons of cool stuff. I found out that he and I have the same birthday, and we were both born super premature (cue Herrmann’s Twighlight Zone music). Although I’m not Jewish and was born in the Florida keys…. close enough!

http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Fires-Center-Bernard-Herrmann/dp/0520071239

I have his cantata Moby Dick on vinyl, but my record player broke the next day so I only got to listen to it once. Is it available on cd anywhere?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Speaking of Bernard Herrmann, did anyone happen to watch that new show “Andy Barker P.I.”? It seems the show mocks classic film noir, and within the first minute I could tell the music was supposed to be Herrmann-esque or Elfman-esque. I found it very clear and I’m just curious to see if anyone thought this as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.