Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion What do you hear in Spidey?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Lets see…

The most obvious to me is Planet of the Apes. But when I listened to it again, I definately heard a little of Men in Black (Techno-ish beats) and Mission Impossible. I wont go into detail, but you’ll see what I mean. Also, I have to agree with the review on this site, in terms of how the slow songs are very much like The Family Man. Amazing score. Keep up the good work Danny!

And may I say… “Costume Montage” is AWESOME!

Anonymous

Yeah…i think that pretty much sums it about Spiderman. I’ll bet you MiB 2 is gonna sound fairly similar…but still — Elfman’s smokin’ like a tamale.
    The score is damn good and worth it. It doesn’t have every little cue, but it’s got the nitty gritty. Now it’s time to aim my ravenous intent towards MiB 2 and it’s release…BUHAAHAHAAH. If it’s not one thing, it’s another….oy vey.

Anonymous

boy, i really listened to some stuff that i couldnt quite figure out in the theater… groovy yak is right, now that i listen to the score carefully, the green goblin’s theme is everywhere… and IT ROCKS!!! (gotta love how danny lends out a creepy version of “The itsy-bitsy spider” while the goblin sings the song…)
    one of elfman’s best to date… buy it… NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Alonso (give her all the juice!!!!) Vences

Anonymous

The Goblin theme is every where, and I like when he combines the Green Goblin and Spiderman theme in “Parade Attack”. It matches the aspect that both are in the same boat, being different in all — something Spiderman rejects later after the Green Goblin’s offer on the roof.

The GG theme is very fugal sounding and in that track he offers some great fugal writing that’s very Batman 2 like.

I think I also heard the old Spiderman theme briefly in “Parade Attack” at 1:53 — the three notes that go along with the name Spi-der-man. Does anyone else here this?

Anonymous

I just thought that the old Spiderman three note thing might be the very second that we see Stan Lee — I’ll have to watch the movie again… Oh well. :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.