Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion What Elfman-scored things HAVEN’T you seen?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

I’m the biggest Elfman nut in the world, but there are still some things he has scored that I have never seen (although I obviously have the music). I thought it would be interesting to hear if you have some “admissions” too.

FILMS I’VE NEVER SEEN:

* WISDOM – seems impossible to find anywhere, but I’m very curious about it
    * DEAD PRESIDENTS – I actually MAY have seen this, but forgotten all about it!
    * SHRUNKEN HEADS – difficult to find…sound like a fun flick!
    * BLACK BEAUTY – I was a never a big fan of animal movies, at least not as an adult, so I’ve not really made an effort to track this down
    * CHARLOTTE’S WEB – same as above…I especially don’t like it when the animals “talk” and behave like humans
    * HOT TO TROT – Again with the talking animal. And the question is: Do I really WANT to see it? :)
    * SPY KIDS – I think I’ve seen some of it, but not the entire film….too much kiddie stuff
    * FABLE – not a film, but I haven’t really played computer games since the mid 90’s
    * STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE – It’s on my to-see list, near the top
    * MILK – it premiered in Norway a little while back, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet

That’s it for the films. Then there’s some other stuff I’ve never seen, for TV etc., such as ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: THE JAR – I was always very curious about this Burton-directed episode.

And of course, even though he just did the theme for these, I’ve never seen a single episode, nor the opening credits of PERVERSIONS OF SCIENCE, POINT PLEASANT, BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (believe it or not!), FLASH – ANIMATED, PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE, BEETLEJUICE – THE ANIMATED SERIES.

And I’ve never seen the Nike commercial with Charles Barkley.

Man, listing it up like this made me realize how much stuff I have yet to explore…even though I have all of this in soundtrack format.

shinjiikari1983
    Participant

Wisodom was a great movie Emilo Estves (whatever) is graduating highshool and his family wants him to do things, when his parents may loose thier home and he decides to take action

Dead Presidents follows a group[ of 1970’s freinds and the affects after being in Veitman

Shrunken heads kids get picked on meets a strange man who knows black magic and hepls them get revenge

Black Beauty Burton’s best, not a talking animal movie but a charter narration of what happns to a horse when he’s gose from owner to owner

CW just Danny alone helps this movie

Hot To Trot is a fun movie a about an down and out guy who gets the horse and enters the stoc market at the time

Spy kids kids get to save spy parents

SOP a documentary about giotimo bay and uses Danny’s music from psychophrea

MILK about 1970 activist harvey milk (haven’t seen yet ither)

shinjiikari1983
    Participant

I blevied I’ve seen almost every one, but one where he acted in a big part I think

Thor
    Participant

Thanks, I’m actually well aware of what they’re all about. I just haven’t gotten around to watching them yet. When I started this thread, I didn’t expect the list to be that long! :)

FYI, Black Beauty is not a Tim Burton movie. It was directed by Elfman’s then girlfriend, Caroline Thompson. As for movies I haven’t seen…I think Wisdom and SOP are the only ones. Aside from being an Elfman fan I’m also a movie fan so I see a lot of things.

elfboy91
    Participant

Too many to name… I don’t get around to a lot of movies… I should though.. -Strangely, I have seen Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Jar… It was really really weird. It didn’t really have a good point.. it was just… well… yeah.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

No PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE? The poor Norwegian children.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Oh man, this is going to be a long list… (I copied and pasted the filmography from this website, and I only count a film if I saw most or all of it)

Notorious
    Milk
    Wanted
    Standard Operating Procedure
    Meet The Robinson’s
    The Kingdom
    Nacho Libre
    Charlotte’s Web
    Hulk
    Chicago
    Red Dragon
    Men In Black II
    Novocaine
    Planet of The Apes
    Heartbreakers
    The Family Man
    Proof of Life
    Anywhere But Here
    Instinct
    A Civil Action
    My Favourite Martian
    A Simple Plan
    Psycho
    Modern Vampires
    Good Will Hunting
    Extreme Measures
    Freeway
    The Frighteners
    Dead Presidents
    To Die For
    Black Beauty
    Dolores Claiborne
    Shrunken Heads
    Army of Darkness (wait, I thought he did not score this film!)
    Sommersby
    Article 99
    Pure Luck
    Nightbreed
    Hot to Trot
    Midnight Run
    Scrooged
    Summer School
    Back To School
    Wisdom
    Forbidden Zone

…Oh my.

D-Bo
    Participant

Alrighty, here I go…

Notorious
    Meet the Robinsons
    Proof of Life
    Anywhere But Here
    Instinct
    A Civil Action
    Extreme Measures
    Freeway
    To Die For
    Dolores Claiborne
    Sommersby
    Article 99
    Darkman
    Dick Tracy
    Night Breed
    Hot to Trot
    Big Top Pee-Wee
    Midnight Run
    Beetlejuice
    Summer School
    Amazing Stories: “Mummy, Daddy”
    Wisdom
    Back to School
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents: “The Jar”
    Forbidden Zone

Thor
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> FYI, Black Beauty is not a Tim Burton movie. It
    > was directed by Elfman’s then girlfriend, Caroline
    > Thompson.

Yeah, I know. I don’t think I said it was a Burton film. It’s a great score, but I’m not sure I should “sully” my experience of it by watching the film. How is the film, btw?

elfboy91
    Participant

I’ve seen Black Beauty. Frankly it’s a kids movie… You probably won’t like it… I saw it a couple of years ago and I own it.. I kinda liked it.. It had some heart. If you have an hour and a half to waste you should totally see it… Just too see where Elfman’s awesome music plays into the film. You might enjoy it… Or hate it terribly! Just go in with an open mind.. That is- if you have that hour and a half to spare.

D-Bo
    Participant

Agreed. I’d watch it for Elfman’s score. Otherwise, the film is just a little overly “cutesy.”

gordonblu
    Participant

I’ve seen all of his Burton Films. I haven’t seen

Notorious
    Milk
    Wanted
    The Kingdom
    Red Dragon
    Proof of Life
    Family Man
    A Simple Plan
    Instinct
    Anywhere But Here
    Delores Claiborne
    Extreme Measures
    Article 99
    Wisdom
    Hot To Trot
    Nightbreed
    Pure Luck
    Forbidden Zone

In most of the above cases, they are films where my interest was primarily in the score, and the others I just haven’t gotten around to watching yet.

Thor
    Participant

About a month later, and my list has shrunk considerably.

The only things that remain on the list now are WISDOM (completely impossible to find anywhere!), SHRUNKEN HEADS (likewise hard to find) and the Nike commercial (youtube has many Nike commercial, even with Charles Barkley, but I could not find the one with Elfman’s music).

Also, I’ve never seen any of the TV episodes mentioned above in full (except “The Jar”, which I managed to track down), but I have at least seen the opening credits for all of them, and that is really the only thing Elfman did in the first place (except PEE WEE’s PLAYHOUSE)! :)

TJ

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.