Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion When Directors Go Mad With Power

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Man, what gives?! Two of my favorite directors (and previous Elfman collaborators Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson) seem like real douche bags when it comes to creative control. It appears that the set of The Lovely Bones has stalled while Jackson fights with his art director on the depiction of heaven. Between this, his tift with Shore on KONG in addition to Sam Rami’s spats on SPIDER MAN 2, I’m not surprised that Elfman does not work with these guys again. Could you imagine if Raimi had helmed THE HOBBIT prequels? I sure hope all goes well for Del Toro and Jackson. I would hate to be in the same room with those two ego…

Check out this link for more:

http://www.flicks.co.nz/newshome.php?newsid=228

TenderLumpling
    Participant

It’s sad. Spider-Man 2 and Return of the King was the beginning of the end for Raimi and Jackson…

Monsterhead
    Participant

True dat my friend, true dat.

Natrebo
    Participant

I think it’s more of a director being veered into madness by the studio’s (now global entertainment entities) who supply the money AND the power.

gordonblu
    Participant

I don’t think Danny refuses to work with Jackson again, I think Jackson picks composers based on the film He is making. When He made the Frighteners he stated that the only composer He could think of for the project’s tone was Danny Elfman. Danny himself said that it was a great experience working with Jackson and Jackson said he loved working with Danny, so if Jackson decides to do another Horror Comedy I bet he will call on our hero yet again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.