Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Where Do These Come From?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nick Parker
    Participant

I was watching The Nightmare Before Christmas today, and I noticed something about the menus: they play previously unheard (to my knowledge) takes of various themes. Originally, I thought they were just pitch-altered snippets from the End Credits, but that was before I noticed instrumentation differences among other things. Are these just alternates or what?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Which DVD? The original BVHV special edition or last year’s re-release (that coincided with Blu Ray)?

Nick Parker
    Participant

Last year’s release, the Two-Disk Collector’s Edition. I have no idea if the previous release had these snippets of music or not.

elfboy91
    Participant

I’m such a nerd.. I have both! Am I the only one!?

Nick Parker
    Participant

I am sure you are not. The only reason I do not have both is because the first release went out of print before I got the chance.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Meh amateurs : I’ve got the first Region 1 special edition (because it wasn’t available in Europe then), the Region 2 first special edition (because it then became available) and the latest Region 2 2DVD edition…

…my life sucks.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Are the menus the same as the Blu Ray?

Lucius
    Participant

Wow, that’s nothing. Other that the “clam shell” VHS copy i got, my first digital copy was of the LASER DISC. How nerdy and primitive am I? (Gotta say though, the interviews on the LD were sooo much longer that the ones on the DVD.)

My Blu Ray should be coming to me very soon, and I look forward to seeing it again for the 10 millionth time.

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This guy is so in love with himself.

Nick Parker
    Participant

No, they are not. The DVD menus are rather different.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.