- January 2, 2019 at 2:19 pm #98777DannyBikerParticipant
Yeah, I don’t get it really. Sure there is the money question but having the sequel handed to a close collaborator is far from unusual. Nobody would have cared if it was publicized as co-composed.
February 22, 2019 at 7:52 pm #98807
- This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by DannyBiker.
1. The Big Opening – Elfman
2. Going to Town – Elfman
3. Jaunty Kitchen – Elfman
4. Mailing a Letter – Elfman
5. It’s Better This Way – Elfman
6. Northward Bound – Elfman
7. Christmas in Whoville – Elfman/Bacon (Bacon helped with ‘Catapult’, but the bulk of the cue on album is by Elfman)
8. Lost Lonely Boy – Elfman
9. Welcome Song/Forlorn – Elfman
10. To the Fort – Elfman
11. Dog Tongue – Elfman
12. Walking Toward Destiny – Elfman
13. Loudest Snow – Elfman
14. Puppy Eyes – Elfman
15. Command Centre – Elfman
16. Grinch’s Wild Ride – Elfman
17. Kids Can’t Sleep – Elfman
18. Stealing Christmas – Elfman
19. Taking the Bait – Elfman/Bacon
20. It’s My Fault – Elfman
21. Welcome Christmas – Elfman
22. An Apology – Elfman
23. First Christmas – Elfman
24. Big Finale – Elfman
Bacon handled a few other minor cues and some of the background Christmas music. Couldn’t find anything on Lindgren’s involvement.July 7, 2019 at 10:44 am #98986
Chris Bacon did some arranging on ‘Breakout’ and ‘Soaring Suite’, and Lindgren did some arranging on the ‘Rescuing the Farriers’ cue. The rest is all Elfman.July 16, 2019 at 7:20 pm #98988DannyBikerParticipant
Nooo, not Soaring Suite.
Anyway, I always love those kind of details ddddeeee, thank you…July 16, 2019 at 8:05 pm #98989
Bacon and Lindgren are just credited with arrangements, so based on other credits for other scores, Elfman is probably responsible for 85-90% of those three cues. It’s impossible to tell because Bacon is also with BMI. But, for example, Deborah Lurie is credited for ‘additional arrangements’ for Alice, and she is credited for 13% of a track. I might be wrong, but I assume in these cases that Elfman writes a cue, the edit changes, and the other guys rejig the cue so it fits the new edit.
Elfman’s not shy about giving either of these guys ‘additional music’ credit, so their roles must have been relatively minor.January 3, 2020 at 11:53 pm #99096
I treated myself to Elfman’s Masterclass and found this interesting: there’s a section where he talks about his little charts he has with the amount of days left until recording and the cue titles. He discusses writing a cue then checking it off. You get to see many of these boards at the beginning, nearer to the recording date….
For Mr Peabody, a score with four ‘additional music’ composers, a lot of the cues that have other composers credits were some of the first that Elfman tackled. For example, ‘Reign of Terror’ and ‘The Flying Machine’ (whose final versions have other composers involved) were ticked off before many cues which only credit Elfman. It might be a one-off example, but it seems to imply that, at least in some cases, the other guys are brought in to adapt already-written music for a new edit.May 1, 2020 at 12:24 am #99165
Elfman has solo credits for
Evil Deed (No idea what this is)
We Belong Together
Save The Queen
The rest all have Bacon credited, too :/May 1, 2020 at 3:06 pm #99166Ryan KeaveneyKeymaster
My guess is that with the delays on DOLITTLE, Elfman was not available to do all of the rewrites himself. It’s probably better that way, as it’s not likely the score is destined to become an eternal fan favourite…!May 1, 2020 at 4:30 pm #99167
Probably. Woman in the Window seems to be a solo gig – I wonder if he’s just better off sticking to the smaller movies and concert works nowadays.May 7, 2020 at 11:07 pm #99168
GEMA has more information.
1. Opening – Elfman
2. Wonder – Elfman/Bacon (Second part of the track is all Elfman)May 7, 2020 at 11:28 pm #99169
Ran out of editing time…
1. Opening – Elfman
2. Wonder – Elfman/Bacon (Part II is all Elfman)
3. Chess Match – Elfman
4. Revelry – Elfman
5. Lunchtime – Elfman
6. He’s Back – Elfman/Bacon
7. Teamwork – ?
8. Betsy Chase – Elfman/Bacon
9. Investigation – Elfman
10. The Voyage Begins – Elfman
11. Remembering Lily – Elfman
12. The Getaway – Elfman/Bacon (Part II is all Elfman)
13. Well Done Everybody – ?
14. Monteverde – Elfman/Bacon
15. Pep Talk – Elfman/Bacon
16. Onward – Elfman
17. The Dragon – Elfman/Bacon
18. The Extraction – Elfman/Bacon
19. We Belong Together – Elfman
20. Save the Queen – Elfman
21. Revelation – Elfman/Bacon
22. Victory – Elfman
23. Dragon Indigestion – Elfman
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.