Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Who still listens to older Elfman scores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    strongballs
    Participant

I am one of those people who still apreciates the older elfman scores from the 80’s and 90’s, they still hold up to me . I enjoy them all no spacific score, they’re just that good. But if I could pick any I’d chooose the gothic stlye scores, Batman Returns, Somersby, Mission Impossible A Simple Plan

Dawg Man
    Participant

I think everybody prefers the scores from his hayday. The late eighties and early nineties were when he had his style refined to it’s best. Those were the scores that got him noticed in the first place.

elfmanguy
    Participant

Who doesnt listen to em! 89-94 was his best period!

Danny Burton
    Participant

My iPod is loaded with them.

I can say the only score from back then I don’t like that much is Nightbreed.

The rest I could listen to time after time until I drop dead.

Untamed Aggression
    Participant

I love Nightbreed.

TNBC is in constant rotation in my CD player.

chocothrax
    Participant

How could anyone not? Like someone said Elfman was at the top of his game from 89-94. Wish that old Elfman would come back someday. Had a brief glimpse of his greatness with Sleepy Hollow in 98 though.

ooshmaster
    Participant

I really liked Nightbreed alot, which seems to surprise people. I loved the end credits.

Kipobe
    Participant

I have an old 1gig MP3 player that is PURELY older Elfman stuff… everything from Batman to Scissorhands… from Dick Tracy to BeetleJuice… all the good stuff. I also have a 20gig Ipod with a bunch of other movie scores, and some newer Elfman stuff — which of course, I love as well.

Guess which one I listen to more, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.