Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Windtalkers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I suggest you guys go watch Windtalkers to quench your Elfman thirst. I just saw it on Friday, and it was pretty good, albeit not as HEAVY Hearted as Saving Private Ryan — you know how John Woo is (also James Horner blew it with me, because he yet AGAIN manages to make a score sound like EVERY OTHER one he has done…and this score is the WORST biting example of his inability to create anything new. He uses motifs and theme parts right off of Perfect Storm, Thunderheart, Enemy at the Gates, and is generally just scoring meandering, themelsss generic crapola…So now i’m tired of him). Unless, of course, you’re into cartoon dogs and their beatnik/hippie friends. I don’t know why i even bother to goto an elfman-less movie…

And by the way…that video game? Seems kind of DUMB, don’t you think?Especially if all of us will be using only ONE character to play with…lol. Id only rent it, not buy it.

Anonymous

I just saw “Windtalkers” last night. I’m confused. Did Danny Elman do the score? I must have blinked because I almost ALWAYS watch for that, but I was awefully tired. I have never come to a Danny Elfman site before, but I am a huge fan of both Oingo Boingo (the obscure songs) and think that he the god of music scores. I am currently taking a music class online, and a future chapter deals with American music in movies. I plan on exposing these “music lovers” (they all love Celine Dion) to real music. I am thrilled to see so much information on him.

Anonymous

What does WINDTALKERS have to do with Danny Elfman?

Ryan

Anonymous

Listen to a horrible James Horner score to quench my Elfman thirst? . . . Whaaa?

Anonymous

What relationship Horner has to Elfman is A: they’re both composers, albeit fairly accomplished ones (Horner DOES have a great sounding arrangement) and B: it’ll tide you over for the next couple of weeks until MiB 2 comes along. Besides, looks to me that pretty much ALL the Elfman topics have been discussed, ad nasueum…so i’m not one to beat a dead horse.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.