Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Zimmer’s score too scary?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mubneosic
    Participant

well this is interesting, apparently Zimmer’s score to THE DaVINCI CODE is too “scary” for younger viewers……..so now it is bein tweaked to earn its 12A rating……….why would kids watch this in the first place?!

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=659

Monsterhead
    Participant

Interesting….

I doubt the changes are being made in the US version though, still, what an odd thing for censors to demand changes on.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The score seems somewhat subdued from the samples I’ve heard so far. Amazing that such a factor has actual influence!

D-Bo
    Participant

Despite the fact that I’m not a huge proponent of the movie or the book in the first place, I have to give this an LOL. This is one of the most ridiculously hilarious things I’ve ever heard.

Knight
    Participant

Dude! That is awesome! This day will go down in film score history I am sure. Of course it is stupid as hell but how often (if ever again) the censors will actually say the SCORE has to be changed to get a lower rating. Too bad it wasn’t the difference between an R and a NC-17, that would just kill me!

Knight (Who wants to hear music that is so creepy it gives you nightmares)

mubneosic
    Participant

well the score has now been released………and from the first listen nothing “scary” comes to mind, just very dramatic………….unless its an unreleased cue. Its probably those “overused” synthesizers that are scary right?

gaba
    Participant

Thoroughly ridiculous. And… well, I can’t really imagine hearing something THAT violently scary from mr Zimmer. Maybe I’m biased, but… come on. I’d love to hear that cue, maybe I’d change my mind about him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.