Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny and Age of Ultron!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

The new poster says Danny composed additional music!

Lambegue
    Participant

That must be the famous summer movie that Elfman was reported to be “saving”…
    I’m curious to know how much music he has written. And I hope that means he’ll write for other Marvel movies, as the prime composer this time.

Thor
    Participant

Damn, I had hoped he would move away from these types of movies by now.

This means I must get the soundtrack — or at least the Elfman cues — from a film I really have no particular interest in.

Lambegue
    Participant

No matter what you think of the movies, don’t you like Elfman’s works for big blockbusters ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m superheroed out but The Avengers is as fun as a movie can be.

Woah! I’m hyped!

Thor
    Participant

Lambegue Wrote:

> No matter what you think of the movies, don’t you
    > like Elfman’s works for big blockbusters ?

Not if the blockbusters are big and noisy superhero action movies and the like. Never been a fan of that part of Elfman in the first place, and much less now when he’s doing so much GREAT work for more indie-type films (which is more up my alley).

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You gotta be fucking KID-ING.

DannyBiker
    Participant

If its some themes or temp track use, I don’t see it being credits’ mention worth. So it’s gotta be original material even if it’s based on existing themes. I could see Elfman being hired for some rewrite/additional cues for which Tyler’s wasn’t available and agreeing only if he get a credits’ mention because A. He’s Danny Elfman and B. Paycheck must be higher.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Whedon’s a big Raimi fan so he’s probably an Elfman fan.

Either way, I find it odd that Brian Tyler, who churns out scores seemingly quicker than anyone these days, wouldn’t be doing any necessary rewrites. Plus at that Denver thing it was said that Danny was ‘saving’ a summer blockbuster. Sounds like there might have been trouble.

There’s two big rumors concerning Danny Elfman’s involvement. In the trailer, we hear the villain say “no strings on me” which is a reference to Pinocchio. So it’s being speculated that Elfman was brought in to write some dark 1940’s style music for the bad guy. Something similar to his Oz: The Great and Powerful score. The other big speculation involves Spider-Man, who will now be making appearances in various Marvel movies. It is being said that Spider-Man will have a cameo and Elfman was asked to write a new theme or at least a new version of his old theme.

DannyBiker
    Participant

That first theory really reads like a theory.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’ve emailed Richard Kraft about this and he responded “Danny Elfman is writing and recording music for AGE OF ULTRON.” That’s all I’ve got. :)

lonzoe
    Participant

Wow! Just when I thought I couldn’t get anymore excited for this movie. Wonder if this means more MCU scores from Elfman? Somewhat ironic that Elfman’s writing additional music for Avengers 2 instead of the upcoming Fantastic 4 reboot since one of his idols (Phillip Glass) is involved in that one.

lonzoe Wrote:

>Wonder if this means more MCU scores from Elfman?

It’s possible he’s being brought back to the Spider-Man franchise.

DannyBiker
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> I’ve emailed Richard Kraft about this and he
    > responded “Danny Elfman is writing and recording
    > music for AGE OF ULTRON.” That’s all I’ve got. :)

Reports say that instruments will be involved.

lonzoe
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> lonzoe Wrote:
    >

>

> >Wonder if this means more MCU scores from
    > Elfman?
    >
    >
    > It’s possible he’s being brought back to the
    > Spider-Man franchise.

It’d be nice if it’s a different Marvel character/franchise. Dr. Strange is right up Elfman’s alley.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I want Christopher Young (who has a working relationship with the director) for Dr Strange.

I don’t know. I think Whedon’s probably the only director with enough heft to get an Elfman score. Even Branagh couldn’t protect Doyle and his score, though mixed well, was cut all over the place (I still love that one though). I can’t really see an Elfman score surviving a MCU movie, unless it was directed by Whedon.

lonzoe
    Participant

Yeah Young will most likely be scoring Dr. Strange unfortunately.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my opinion, this situation has some similarities with that of Ang Lee’s Hulk (in that case he got hired in march for a june release and now in february for a may release).

Perhaps, but it could just be at 100% wishful thinking , next poster will see only Danny Elfman’s name on it.

:)

dag0n Wrote:

> Perhaps, but it could just be at 100% wishful
    > thinking ,next poster will see only Danny
    > Elfman’s name on it.

Yeah… it’s wishful thinking. This sounds more like Army of Darkness situation where Danny composed the “March of the Dead” theme but Joseph Lo Duca did everything else.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The CD from Hollywood Records on Amazon.com lists ‘Various Artists’. Hopefully most (all!) of what Danny wrote makes the CD. I’m not very interested in Tyler’s work.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

That film’s music will make no sense…

Anonymous
    Inactive

text version has an interview? I do not understand English. Only Russian :)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.