Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny and Age of Ultron!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

rorkegrad Wrote:

> text version has an interview? I do not understand
    > English. Only Russian :)

”I contributed music towards the new Avengers movie. I took part of Alan Silvestri’s theme, the original theme, which I really liked, and I pulled it into a new theme, which became sort of a hybrid.’ :)

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman’s regular music editor posted this on Facebook a week ago. Has to be AoU surely?

Shie Rozow
    7 March at 00:50 ·
    Just finished one of the most intense & quick projects of my entire career. I was music editing – about an hour of music composed, recorded, mixed, conformed to new pix and delivered in 24 grueling days! I think I’ve earned a nap

DannyBiker
    Participant

An hour…that’ll be at least half of the music in the film, which would explain the poster credit.

Did Danny Elfman pull a Hans Zimmer with this movie? He just played around with other people’s music and added his own to make the blend work. But hey, at least he’s honest. He’s calling himself the music editor. You’ll never see Hans Zimmer do that… or even acknowledge the true writers during his interviews. Also… I can’t be the only one getting flashbacks to Spider-Man 2 & 3 with this project. There might not be any bad blood in this movie. I haven’t heard or read anything about Brian Tyler having the door shut in his face or walking out of the project, but he is getting the same treatment. Another composer was brought on board to “fix the mess”. That’s what happened to Danny Elfman in Spider-Man 2, and hilariously, what happened to Christopher Young in Spider-Man 3.

Lambegue
    Participant

Zimmer is usually quite honest with the “who did what”, additional composers are quoted in the booklet, and in many cases it’s quite easy to know more precise credits. He does not say it in interview because I guess most people are not interested in this, but he doesn’t hide the work of his collaborators, far from it. And in Zimmer case, it’s more or less the reverse of what you say : he writes suites with the base material, and all his additional composers make it work with the image (often writing some more material – more or less, depending on the project), so they are the music editors, not Zimmer.

Concerning Age of Ultron, I hope we will have some more informations soon in order to understand better all this mess. Why call Elfman if it was only to play with Silvestri’s theme ? Any composer could have done this work (including…I don’t know, for example…Silvestri ?)

ddddeeee
    Participant

That’d be an awkward phone call. ‘Hey Alan! You know how we didn’t ask you to score Avengers 2? Well we’ve run into some trouble and…’

Anonymous
    Inactive

“…about an hour of music…”

Maybe it wasn’t wishful thinking after all…;)

ddddeeee
    Participant

The frustrating thing is that we’ll probably be lucky to get any Elfman on an album release.

Anonymous
    Inactive

True.
    However,considering how LaLaLand has been generous with Elfman fans recently, I hope that they will do their best to release it in the near future.
    In the worst case, i would be happy even with a bootleg.

I was really confident upon a consistent involvment of Danny Elfman on this matter because I was sure that a big mess happened on this score: in a corner Marvel and Disney executives, with Tyler as their go-to composer and, in the other, Whedon, who clearly wanted to work again with Silvestri.
    Whedon, more or less passively, accept this decision, and then probably breaks out, moved by a spirit of retaliation or actual need, creating a great uproar in the middle of the final mix.
    Not wanting to lose face completely or scared that this might actually be harmful economically (even theoretically) to the film, Marvel and Disney executives accept his request and hire another composer, who previously worked in similar situations and expert, to say the least, with music that deals with superheroes.
    IMO there was no other alternative because (and I agree with you on that) Silvestri would never have accepted to go back on a franchise from which he had been so easily dismissed and Tyler would never have changed his score, obviously being convinced that it was appropriate enough.
    Just my two cents …

DannyBiker
    Participant

With that much music written by Elfman, I’m actually wondering if they just rewrote as much music as possible; if the decision to bring him in had been taken earlier, Tyler’s score could have been completely rejected.

Anyhow, let’s not forget that we are still a few weeks away from release and we all know how late changes can be made with these summer blockbusters. There might be less Elfman in the final product that we hope for…

ddddeeee
    Participant

CD delayed by two weeks. Hopefully to add some Danny…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Danny gets a full composing credit alongside Tyler now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

At this point a two-cd set with the work of both composers seems more likely.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Who is Brian Tyler Danny Elfman? ;)

Lambegue
    Participant
    dag0n wrote:
    At this point a two-cd set with the work of both composers seems more likely.

It would be great, but let’s not dream too much…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Interesting that Elfman has never shared ‘Music By’ credit before but now we have this and ‘Before I Wake’ opening within a week of each other.

DannyBiker
    Participant

ug3Bzvv.png

Edit : Aaaaaaand I’m stupid –> April’s fools I guess.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

LOL, yeah try to remain calm.

Clip with music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5JGEKyGjw

That’s Brian Tyler’s Iron Man 3 music in the beginning of the clip. The rest? I don’t know.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Definitely Tyler.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is surely Elfman though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPJ90rSpFvE

Anonymous
    Inactive

del

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Yup…he’s not in his element.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Tracklisting

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.