Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Deborah Lurie Scoring “9”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Ryan, it was the mix. The previews were loud in comparison to the movie. Plus, I go see animated movies all the time (especially the Pixar ones) and those weren’t as low as this.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yeah, generally projectionists — or in some multiplexes, the least stupid usher — adjust volumes for kids/family films. There’s no way a child should be in a movie theater with that level of volume. It destroys their hearing very quickly! Imagine if you’re 35 and you can’t enjoy your Elfman anymore. Hearing damage is all the rage these days.

Thor
    Participant

I just got this soundtrack and must say that I’m very disappointed. Basically just a long string of dark chords and some heavy percussion (“boom, boom, boom!”), none of it with any sense of direction. At least not as a listening experience. I’ll wait untill I’ve seen the film and comment on how it works in context. I doubt this will get many spins around here.

sandyclaws
    Participant

I had the exact same response when I first got this, but after a few listens I finally caught on to this score. Now it is one of my most listened to scores this year. I love it! My favorite of course is “The Seamstress” where the best theme of them all comes out. I also love the track “Sanctuary”. I love the mysterious sound to it. Keep listening to it; hopefully you will come to appreciate it as I have. One negative thing about it though is that the end titles are not on the cd, which go through all the themes. I would love to hear the theme in Seamstress more than once on the cd. Poorly represented score on cd.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.