Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion FRANKENWEENIE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    9fingeredElf
    Participant

I went to the Frankenweenie east exhibit in San Diego last week. Here’s some photos: Frankenweenie: The Art of Exhibit

7583705490_b9b9854679.jpg

ddddeeee
    Participant

Amazon lists a CD release for the 25th of September.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Amazon also lists a “Frankenweenie Unleashed” album for the same date, looks like an Alice In Wonderland situation.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    Monsterhead
    Participant

The film is opening the BFI London Film Festival on Oct. 10th

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tim-burtons-frankenweenie-open-bfi-365001

ddddeeee
    Participant

From Amazon.

1. Frankenweenie Disney Logo
    2. Main Titles
    3. Mr. Burgermeister/Noses Meet
    4. Game of Death
    5. The Funeral
    6. Electricity
    7. Re-Animation
    8. Sparky s Day Out
    9. Dad s Talk
    10. The Bride/Edgar Knows
    11. Invisible Fish/Search for Sparky
    12. A Premonition
    13. The Speech
    14. Mom s Discovery/Farewell
    15. Getting Ready
    16. Making Monsters
    17. Pool Monsters Attack
    18. Mad Monster Party
    19. Final Confrontation
    20. Happy Ending
    21. Alternate Main Titles (Bonus Track)
    22. Over the Fence (Bonus Track)

bookbinder3
    Participant

If these titles are real then i’m THRILLED. It seems to be everything album-wise that Alice wasn’t. There was so much missing from Alice I was worried for future Elfman/Disney scores, but this looks like it could be almost complete. Considering the shortish running time and bonus tracks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

An alternate main title track? Color me intrigued!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yahoo! Movies released a new clip today, and it seems to me like we get to hear a little bit of Elfman’s score in it. What do you guys think?
    http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovies-6393699/frankenweenie-clip-sparky-30618431.html

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, it’s nice of them to show the scene we’ve been seeing in the trailer, so no real spoilers.
    It does sound very nice but really hard to judge based on a 1 minute clip. I do feel there’s a theme…

ddddeeee
    Participant

A week from release and no samples, do you think the score is getting delayed?

bookbinder3
    Participant

Possibly but I wouldn’t fret. Weren’t we pretty near release when the Alice samples came out? And they were plugging it a bit more vigorously than this. Clip above sounds good, very Scissorhands with it’s choir and strings, don’t believe that will be it’s signature sound, expecting alot of 50’s sci-fi leanings.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I doubt it. That film has been completed for a while now. I like that they don’t oversell it, I’m tired of excessive exposure…
    IMDB states that it will premier tomorrow in Texas, for what it’s worth.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The movie is getting raves and Elfman is getting his best mentions in years.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Sources ? I read one positive review until now…

Nevermind, AICN has some now…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Scott Weinberg who slates Elfman at every opportunity on Twitter, praised his score.

There are around two minutes in this Behind-The-Scenes piece. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO1IFgJiGc&feature=relmfu

ddddeeee
    Participant
    dr.giggles
    Participant
    boingomusic
    Participant

SAMPLES :

My favourite swiss online cd-shop has samples ;-)

http://www.cede.ch/fr/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=964845

Love the Elfman Disney Logo ;-)

DannyBiker
    Participant

Sounds so Edwardy…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m trying to resist the temptation. I put a hold on a copy of the score CD at the store where I work, but won’t be able to pick it up til Wednesday. At least I’ll have something nice to listen to on the drive home. :)

DannyBiker
    Participant

I subscribed to Spotify two months ago and wanted to know if you guys happen to know if albums are added to the library the day of their release or if there’s a delay…

Thanks !

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Clips sound great. I’ve ordered the CD and it should be here tomorrow! Edit — CD arrived today!:D

Lucius
    Participant

Frankenweenie is on Spotify. Listening to it now. Biding time, until my CD comes in the mail.

Lucius

boingomusic
    Participant

Just got the cd and I have to say I’m pretty disappointed. I was expecting a way more melodic score. There are a few leitmotives, specially one that almost quotes the Batman theme (except the 4th note that is lower), but there are no melody line. If I wanted to sing or play the theme on the piano, I wouldn’t even know what melody to play.
    It sounds like some unused melodyless parts of Edward Scissorhands, or Meet the Robinsons, or Charlotte’s Web. It’s nice. But nothing I’d remember. It probably fits the movie perfectly. But on CD, it’s not consistent enough…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.