Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion FRANKENWEENIE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Still not there for me…but I guess it’s not released on the 25th in my country.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Really love “The Funeral” so far. boingomusic, I think the theme will start to reveal itself the more you listen.

Dammit if that isn’t vintage Elfman, passing around the a melodic phrase to different parts of the orchestra in the stellar last 30 seconds of “Electricity”. Some big choir moments too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I”m afraid I have to agree with boingomusic. I’m pretty disappointed in this one. It sounds like Elfman’s on auto-pilot on this one; it’s nowhere near as enjoyable as Dark Shadows and MIB3. It does have its moments, though. It’s just not the new sound I was hoping for.

Natrebo
    Participant

While listening to it twice I have to say I like it a lot more than MIB3 but Dark Shadows is still his best this year. There are many great “nuggets” in there but with this stop-action movie being non-song driven it does drop a lot of the cohesivness that Nightmare and Corps Bride contained – there’s a lot of stop and go. I do love all the pistache to old universal monster movies though – once the score gets going in the second half Frankenweenie is a real hoot!

DannyBiker
    Participant

Is there a way to buy it digitally in Europe, without going through iTunes (that I hate) or Amazon (where my country is not yet eligible for mp3 downloads) ?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    bookbinder3
    Participant

Really lovely, but one of the most laid-back main titles I think Elfman’s ever done. I guess all will become clear when the film comes out. I was expecting an Ed-Wood style title sequence via Victor’s own monster movie. This sounds more like Victor and Sparky playing catch to me.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah pretty sure it’s going to be a narrative main titles like in Big Fish : works very well in the film, on CD not so much…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just saw Frankenweenie (which I loved; this is definitely a return to form for Burton), and I have to say, Elfman’s score really works much better in the movie than it does on its own. It fits the tone perfectly and is so perfectly sweet and sorrowful all at the same time. I was really underwhelmed at first, but I found myself leaving the theatre with Victor and Sparky’s themes stuck in my head all the way home. I really warmed up to it.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is definitely my favourite Elfman score of the year so far. I’m addicted.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Nominated for Best Score at the Saturn Awards, Elfman’s first nomination since Charlie.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Frankenweenie won the Saturn Award for Best Music and Best Animated Film.

Here’s a pic of Elfman with his award. http://twitpic.com/czdugk

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.