Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Gus Van Sant’s ‘Restless’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dagon
    Participant

Hi everyone,

don’t know if it has been posted before, but Elfman says in this interview that he’s scoring, before Michel Gondry’s The Green Hornet, the new Gus Van Sant movie called Restless.

http://www.collider.com/2010/03/03/danny-elfman-exclusive-interview-alice-in-wonderland-talks-wolfman-composing-picking-projects-directors-and-so-much-more/

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Sticky” ;)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Good idea! :)

Torque
    Participant

But it still out in 2011, right?

elfboy91
    Participant

It’s very Danny Elfman-friendly.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Won’t be out in January. Supposedly they’re holding it back until fall to build some buzz from festivals etc.

lonzoe
    Participant

ddddeeee Wrote:

> Won’t be out in January. Supposedly they’re
    > holding it back until fall to build some buzz from
    > festivals etc.

Sucks. Did Elfman score this already or the scoring sessions hasn’t begun yet ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure but I remember reading the movie is completely finished.

Lucius
    Participant

Yes, the score (and the movie) is finished already. Just sitting on the shelf, waiting to be unleashed.

Lucius

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Are we ever going to get a score release?

dagon
    Participant

According to boxofficemojo it will get a theatrical release in september.
    Guess we’ll have to wait until then.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=restless2011.htm

DannyBiker
    Participant

Wow, I thought it was released back in January. It will be presented at Cannes this week I think…

ddddeeee
    Participant

The reviews for this are really disappointing so far. Elfman’s score has beenn described as ‘melodramatic’ and ‘upbeat’. Should be interesting, I love Elfman in ‘lovely’ mode.

bookbinder3
    Participant

I’m quite looking forward to this. Van Sant and Elfman make a good combo, and Danny’s done a run of great scores recently.

lonzoe
    Participant

bookbinder3 Wrote:

> I’m quite looking forward to this. Van Sant and
    > Elfman make a good combo, and Danny’s done a run
    > of great scores recently.

Agreed.

Lucius
    Participant

Here is a new trailer for Restless, and all the music in it is Elfman’s score for the film! Hope you enjoy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810185074/video/25883115

Lucius

Thor
    Participant

Very nice, although the percussive marimba stuff towards the end reminds me a lot Orff’s ubiquitous “Music Poetica”.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Monsterhead
    Participant

What a beautiful piece of music. I’m greatly looking forward to this now, more than before.

Lambegue
    Participant

I didn’t hear about any release of this score, do you know anything about this ? It would be strange not to release it, as both Elfman and Van Sant are quite popular…

Natrebo
    Participant

… also seeing how their last efforts were both recognized by the Academy. But then again UP didn’t receive a CD release until well after it WON the Oscar for best score. Download-Only versions of scores seems to be the way of the future (sad but true) so I think that even if we don’t see a hard copy release of this score then a download version will eventually be available – especially with Elfman’s reputation.

Thor
    Participant

Any more news about a soundtrack release of this?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Apparently the credits note a song called “I’m Sorry For Your Loss” which Elfman and Van Sant wrote together. Anymore info on this?

sajrocks
    Participant

Just noticed there’s a “Restless” track on Danny Elfman’s profile page at http://www.kraft-engel.com. Not sure the title of the track (perhaps “Weepy Donuts”?), but it’s happy melancholy: plucky accoustic guitar, electric bass, squeezbox strings, bowed glass, and ticking percussion. Everything you’d expect from a Savant collaboration.

saj

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.