Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Gus Van Sant’s ‘Restless’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

I believe that track is the same one running on the RESTLESS site.

Saw the film recently. It was OK, but nothing remarkable considering it’s van Sant.

sajrocks
    Participant

No, the website track is slower, less manic, more wistful, only strings, guitar and bells–maybe a loop from a more poignant moment in the film.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Lalaland are releasing the score next week!

DannyBiker
    Participant

And you get a Free copy of Taking Woodstock with it !

Thor
    Participant

Yes, great news. I’ve had the RESTLESS suite for some time (basically copied from the film’s website, running in the background), but it was about time it got a proper release. This is the particular Elfman sound I prefer these days. I already have TAKING WOODSTOCK, but maybe I can give it to someone else for free.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to order before it sells out.

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Looking forward to this. I enjoy the expanded releases, but it’s wonderful to see an entirely new release.

Thank you, LLL

bookbinder3
    Participant

Interesting. I couldn’t get through the film, felt too much like Van Sant light, so I don’t really know what’s in store. Obviously enough to merit an (eventual) release. Excited for it, anyway.

Lambegue
    Participant

Tracklist :

titles 2:41
    battleship 1:09
    reconciliation 1:26
    sorry for your loss 1:54
    waterbirds 1:43
    meet the parents 2:20
    on the beach 2:09
    hiroshima 1:06
    morning affair 1:33
    morgue 1:18
    crime scene 2:45
    death scene 2:06
    happy dead girl 1:11
    battleship 2 1:50
    a ghost 1:00
    the letter 1:34
    parents’ grave 1:49
    weepy donuts 3:31
    enoch’s goodbye 1:21
    total album time: 34:25

I ordered it today, waiting for it. I only saw the film once in the cinema, so I don’t really remember this score…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Weepy Donuts plays over the end credits, it’s really lovely. The movie also has a song for the main titles, so Elfman’s take wasn’t used.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Ordered and already dispatched…

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

First impression: Very charming!

Having not seen the film, I was struck by how much this album was more a soundtrack and less a score. A few tracks sounded as if they were driven by narrative, but mostly the album felt like a series of pieces commissioned for an art installation. ( I honestly kept thinking “This would be a fantastic ringtone.” ) Beautiful music from Danny Elfman. I highly recommend buying this release.

Thor
    Participant

Of course I bought it immediately. This is exactly the kind of Elfman (and music in general) I like to listen to these days.

DannyBiker
    Participant

It’s quite enjoyable. I think its short length helps to make it a very pleasant listening experience. Themes are delicate and the score has just enough variety to avoid being boring.

Definitely a good surprise. And I got my Taking Woodstock copy as well…

Lambegue
    Participant

I received it today, and agree with you all, it’s really a good one. Same “spirit” and mood as in “Promised Land”, and that can explain that I didn’t remember it, it’s not so obvious to be attentive to it in the movie I think.
    Very agreable listening.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Made a ringtone out of ‘Meet The Parents’. You can get it here :

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.