Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tim Burton’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Lucius
    Participant

There are a couple more pics at Yahoo: http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-stills/gallery/1864/alice-in-wonderland-stills

I really like the look of Tweedledee and Tweedledum. And I also like to see Johnny Depp channeling Gene Wilder’s Willy Wonka and Madonna. (Ba Dum Bum)

Lucius

Monsterhead
    Participant

Johnny Depp looks like Elijah Wood here…weird…

RCox
    Participant

Since it seems that Walt Disney Records is going the download-only route for score albums (as shown with National Treasure 2 and Up), is it possible that there will be no CD release for Elfman’s Alice?

Nick Parker
    Participant

There better be! I would love to listen to Up, but the fact that it is only available via download turned me away.

Tim Burton has been executive producing Elfman’s CD’s for their last couple of collaborations, so I’m sure he’ll force Disney to release a CD.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That’s ridiculous. That’s like saying you won’t eat chocolate unless it comes in a box. Enjoy the music, any way it comes. We’re lucky anyone cares enough to release it, digitally, on CD or printed on a paper bag.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Whatever, if you think that is ridiculous, then so be it. For some reason, I just do not deprive pleasure when I listen to music on a computer.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’m with Nick on this. Even a 320 kpbs bitrate is not what I’m looking for. I don’t mind albums being sold online and progress in general but I still want my cd as mp3 is still a rather amateurish format. When online stores will sell lossless albums, I’ll be able to live with the idea of no concrete release…

Ryan is right, but regardless I’m sure we’ll get a CD. Danny Elfman is a big composer. Disney wouldn’t do that to him. Did they do that to Hans Zimmer’s Pirates score?

Oh, and check out the website:
    http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/aliceinwonderland/

Not much on it, but it’s something to keep an eye on.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well if ALICE is only released digitally, let me know and I’ll describe it to you.

Nick Parker
    Participant

It would be my pleasure.

Thor
    Participant

Of course it will be out on CD. I’ll eat my shorts if it isn’t.

Just an FYI: Burton and the Alice gang are heading to Comic Con.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

He’ll also be at Comic Con for the movie 9 with Shane Acker, Timur Bekmambetov and actors Elijah Wood and Jennifer Connelly

It’s weird to see Burton at comic con. I guess after The Dark Knight he feels safe that Batman fans won’t haunt him down.

elfboy91
    Participant

HA!! yeah I guess so!

Thor
    Participant

Something wrong with that page. Can’t get the video up. Neither in Opera nor Explorer.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQea4nXHeA

But hurry up, it seems like Disney is deleting the thing faster than it gets uploaded. I saved the .flv file anyway…

You tell me what music is used in the first sequence…:)

Lucius
    Participant

The scores from the trailer are as follows:

Shrek 2 “All is revealed”
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory “Up and Out”
    Hellboy 2 “Finale”
    Lemony Snicket “Hurrican Herman’
    Rat Race “Bike Dykes”
    Wallace & Gromit ‘Brainwash & Go”

Lucius

Only two Elfman scores? Damn.

Thor
    Participant

Damnit, too late! It has been deleted.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Thor, if you want it, I can send you a .flv file I saved. Or you can just wait, as I imagine that the trailer will officially hit the Internet later today…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

… and there it is. Nothing ever works for Thor ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.