Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Appreciation’ for regulars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Edward Bloom
    Participant

Ignore this post…:)

Pogel
    Participant

I can only add my thanks as well.
    Though I would have started the final beat of Spidey stopping the train later and not re-edited it. If you start the last ‘movement’ of the cue right on the helicopter-shot of the train before he shoots the multiple webs, it works without editing.

Anyway, it still makes the scene much more personal then the Young scored sequence.
    Young scored a train slowing down. Elfman scored Spidy stopping the train.

I like both versions, but Elfman’s certainly works better.

Thanks!

ooshmaster
    Participant

Sorry Ryan, but Edward’s was better. Thankyou both.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I just saw Edward’s version for the first time. I don’t want to undermine Ryan’s excellent version, but Edward nailed it. Great work. It truly captures what Danny intended that scene to sound like.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

And how do you know?

:)

Ryan

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Still contacting….

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I don’t suppose any of us will ever see the scene with the music edited Sony’s way (unless it’s on the 2.5 DVD), but in Edward’s version the music matches the action much better. You did a great job Ryan, don’t get me wrong! Either way, I’m still disappointed that we have to do this rather than the music editor doing it for us. I understand that Sam Raimi wanted a beefy score for that scene, but Danny was probably insistent upon writing appropriate music that reminded us that Spider-Man and Doc Ock were up there. Young’s music was beefy all right, but it wasn’t very personal.

Pogel
    Participant

I think Ryan’s was better, simply because the timing was better (like Spidy juming of the builing after falling of)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My intention was to pretty much let the cue “Train/Appreciation” play out as it is on the album. I could have blitzed it with edits, but what would be the point of that? I was trying to present the music as it is on the album — the closest idea we’ll get of what Elfman intended it to sound like.

Ryan

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.