Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman Begins Composer Announced!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Ready for the exciting news on who will be writing the new Batman theme for the upcoming “Batman Begins”? All right, here it is…

And it’s a collaboration!

James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer will be working together on the score for Batman Begins. An unusual yet interesting combination, I might add. Howard’s powerful and chilling style blended with Hans Zimmer’s action style will likely make the new score pretty good. Not as good as Danny’s Batman score, but good nonetheless.

SleepyHello
    Participant

that’s actually pretty awesome. When those guys are good, they’re GOOD.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

It will be good to hear a different interpretation on a Batman theme, especially from one of my favorites, James Newton Howard. I thought David Julyan was going to compose the score, though.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Go to countingdown.com and read their story on it. They comment on how nobody can beat Danny’s Batman score :D

Dawg Man
    Participant

I love Newton Howar’s music (especially after his Shyamalan movies) and Hanz Zimmer is getting good in his years too (I tracked down THE RING promo and it’s top notch stuff, really). Nobody can beat Elfman though. Goldenthal, Shirley Walker and even Joel McNeely’s orchestral performance of the original 1960’s TV theme all owe something to Elfman’s score. Danny CREATED that grandiose gothic “Wagner-esque” vibe for Batman in full orchestra. IT’s so perfect that even after his departure from the series people duplicate it.

I think Zimmer and Howard can collaborate on something interesting — and I’ll even buy the CD when it comes out — but I’m willing to put down money that it somehow reminds us of Elfman’s CD.

Anonymous

Howard’s name was listed under “Special thanks to:” on the inside cover of “The Rock”, another collaboration incorporating Zimmer’s work. Anyone know the connection?

Anonymous

zimmer???????????? on a batman film??????????? not good!!!!!he;s the last composer i woulve wanted working on it.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Zimmer AND James Newton Howard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Now now, this isn’t really what I would call a Batman film. Basically, it’s an arthouse film with a really big budget and a superhero costume. Anyway, if there is any good action in the movie, Zimmer will have it covered. Everything else will be Howard’s. At least we can all rest comfortably with the fact that Danny’s Batman score will live forever.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

What an odd combination…

If this joint composition doesn’t work out, the producers might want to consider Rachel Portman and Vince DiCola as a good duo for Batman Begins. If that doesn’t pan out, they could always look into Klaus Badelt and Ennio Morricone to carry out scoring duties.

BATMAN
    Participant

If I was directing or producing, I don’t know whom I would want to compose if I couldn’t have danny. I don’t kow how to feel about either Zimmer or Newton Howard. I like “the Village” but it’s nothing new, it’s just a philip glass rip-off with the arpeggios and standard progressions, and zimmer hasn’t done much interesting in my opinion since Thin Red Line/Gladiator days(though I haven’t heard/seen the Ring) -although I keep buying anyway.
    I read somewhere recently that Howard wanted to collaborate with Zimmer, and it was supposed to happen before but didn’t. Anyway, I think it could be interesting. But I’m still holding out that there is in-fighting and the whole thing falls apart and they call in Danny Last minute (a la Hulk).

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

>zimmer hasn’t done much interesting in my opinion since Thin Red Line/Gladiator days

He did “The Last Samurai”. His finest work to date IMO.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

If I was directing or producing, I don’t know whom I would want to compose if I couldn’t have danny.

…Shirley Walker…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.