Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman Beings composers have been fired and replaced!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

“Ex-Batman music-man, Danny Elfman, to score this summer’s ‘Batman Begins'”
    Marcus Mothersbaugh, The Hollywood Reporter

Another rejection for an original score for a major, big-budget comic book adaptation has taken place: James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer are no longer scoring Batman Begins.

Doug Frank, President of music at Warner Bros, announced that comic book score Alumni, Danny Elfman, (Spider-Man, Hulk), will be the new composer onboard.

“Danny was somewhat resistant, at first, to score yet another giant, super hero picture,” the Warner music-president said “but he’s so fond of the [Batman] character and the musical potential, he really didn’t want to pass it up — even if these gigs are physically hard on him.”

“Since his musical voice for Batman is so indelible, we were very pleased with his acceptance.”

Elfman has also composed music for other popular film scores as The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Men in Black.

Previously, the composer’s collaboration with the Batman franchise resulted in a Grammy for Elfman, with Batman in 1989. He also worked on the sequel, Batman Returns, and a Main Title for the Emmy-winning Batman: The Animated Series.

Reportedly, Danny Elfman will be scoring Batman Begins in-between composing the music for the new Tim Burton animation feature The Corpse Bride, to be released this Halloween.

Batman Begins hits theaters June 17.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

Happy April Fool’s!

Knight
    Participant

Now that is just plain cruel!

Hehe, I am actually interested in what Newton Howard and Zimmer can come up with.

Knight (Still waiting for an Elfman epic :D )

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

You got me for about a split second! :)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Not me! I fell for the same prank last year, but not this year. Actually, the exact same joke was used April Fool’s 2004. Take a look:

http://elfman.filmmusic.com/forum/read.php?7,11985,11985#11985

Although it would be cool if Danny stepped in for an 11th hour score if Howard and Zimmer couldn’t agree on synth or orchestra and split, or something like that. I’ve been playing “Birth of Penguin” over and over lately, and I would totally love to hear some new Batman material.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Oh, wow, I thought this topic looked faintly familiar.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Actually, that poster was me under my old username.

I thought I’d revamp the old “news story” just for fun. I didn’t think anyone would have remembered the older one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.