Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman Live in Concert (LA)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

http://www.axs.com/events/308167/batman-live-in-concert-tickets

Thought you LA folks might find this interesting. I missed the Nightmare Before Xmas concert, so there is no way in hell I’m missing this!
    I’m totally expectingyou to fly in again for this one, Ryan.

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I will WALK IN if I have to.

boingomusic
    Participant

I went to the World Premiere of Batman Live in Lucerne, Switzerland, last weekend.

It was SPECTACULAR. The conductor, and organizer of this event Ludwig Wicki is truely fantastic. His orchestra (the 21st century orchestra) has become one of the best film music orchestras in the world. They’re responsible for all these MOVIES LIVE with orchestra concerts from the past few years, which explains why so many of these concerts premiere in Switzerland, and why the composers travel all the way to prepare these events.

So, Danny Elfman and Steve Bartek were both there, and they seemed thrilled and more than happy about the result.

The “Scandalous” song in the credits was replaced by a new arrangement of the Batman Theme, Up The Cathedral and Descent Into Mistery, but with a slightly different and more dynamic orchestration!

I had seen the “Alice In Wonderland” orchestral premiere there two years ago and it was already a treat.
    I must say the result with BATMAN was outstanding. And the dialog was clear, but some of the big sound effects were muted to let the orchestra breathe !

It was an amazing night, and getting to chat with Elfman & Bartek after the concert is always a nice way to end such a nice evening ;-)

DannyBiker
    Participant

Fuck, I’m moving to Switzerland. Or I should plan visits to the relatives I’ve got there in a more strategically-elfman-oriented fashion.

boingomusic
    Participant

You should !!!

And they will probably do Batman Returns next year.

Here is the End Credits arrangements, plus Elfman’s arrival on stage :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/arma9qi4e9h6v7x/AACxy_b09e-QJZWCS-VDu4o4a?dl=0

Hope you’ll like it !

DannyBiker
    Participant

Definitely coming for Batman Returns if it happens. Thanks for the clips !

Ryan P
    Participant

I’ll fly down, too! I went to Anaheim for the Music from Tim Burton concert. Greatest music night of my life. The crowd went wild when ‘Batman’ started playing.

Lucius
    Participant

Don’t buy your plane tickets yet, they just rescheduled it for next year. (sad slide whistle)

https://www.microsofttheater.com/events/detail/batman-live-in-concert

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Still a chance I make this concert then! :)

OCLin
    Participant

Apparently, they need to downsize the orchestra…not really sure why it’ll take 8 months to do it, unless there was a scheduling problem on top of it.

~Linda~

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Interesting — wonder what the factors here are besides the orchestra size. I see lots of tickets available. Maybe initial demand wasn’t there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.