Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Big Eyes – Burton’s next

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Sounds like just the kind of film he needs to make. I can’t wait.

DannyBiker
    Participant

That’s fantastic news. Big eyes has been dead for too long now and I always somehow hoped that Burton would step in in the end. Alexander and Karasweski are among the best screenwriters in Hollywood, we need more of their work on screen. And Waltz…what a bonus!

Big Eyes, not to be confused with Big Fish.

dr.giggles
    Participant

Confirmed by Kraft-Engel management

DannyBiker
    Participant

According to imdb (for what it’s worth), the film is already in post. I’m pretty sure it will be presented at Cannes (in competition or not).

ddddeeee
    Participant

If the movie is as good as it reads, it’ll probably be the best shots Burton and Elfman have at Oscars. Harvey Weinstein can get even mediocre/decent movies Best Picture nominations these days.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Recording today, Air Studios again.

Keith_Ames – Thanks to all at Air Studios, esp the superb musicians, for a productive pm in Lyndhurst Hall with Tim Burton recording Big Eyes soundtrack.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Cool…I’m quite positive they’ll attempt a Cannes selection.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’m quite positive it won’t be selected after all…because it didn’t. :D

But it looks like it will go for the award seasons with a release around the end of the year.

Lambegue
    Participant

The release was planned for the summer in the US, as far as I remember…Did it changed ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Deadline did a 2015 Oscar prediction thingy a while back and said Big Eyes is for fall, and that Adams is apparently terrific.

Monsterhead
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Oscar nomination #5 is coming.

I’m a bit bummed to see that there’s an additional composer on the IMDB page though.

Lambegue
    Participant

I think that it will be more and more frequent…Zimmer’s way of working is so popular nowadays, and allows such a quick work if necessary, that studios are getting used to it, and give shorter and shorter delays to any composer…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, I’m kinda disappointed myself, especially since it’s supposed to be a “smaller” film and that Elfman don’t have much film projects coming on. I’m also surprised that the score is apparently already recorded while we are still more than 6 months away from the release date…

Lambegue
    Participant

So we won’t have any new score by Elfman until Christmas ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m sure there’ll be an expanded release to keep us occupied, as well as the ballet. :)

dr.giggles
    Participant

Expanded release of..?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I dunno, lalaland as much as said they’re releasing Midnight Run last year. Elfman’s one of their favorites so I’m sure something is coming.

Lambegue
    Participant

I’m not sure there is so much unreleased music on this one, I don’t remember the movie as having a lot of score, and the original album is alreaddy quite long. Still, such a LaLaLand release would make this score easily available again – that’s alreaddy a good thing.
    It’s a shame that there are rights problems with Dolores Claiborne, it would really be my Grail.

ddddeeee
    Participant

There was a screening last night and AwardsDaily tweeted that from what they’ve heard Adams, Waltz and Elfman have ‘assured’ nominations this year. A few people on forums who have claimed to seen it have singled Elfman’s score put positively too.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Great, I was already excited; now I’m super-excited.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Oh man, it was removed. Any mirror ?

Actually…Try Google’s cache…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.