Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Big Eyes – Burton’s next

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    9fingeredElf
    Participant

DannyBiker Wrote:

> They are four on the picture…4th of January
    > confirmed for the score’s release date !

Were did you get this information? Is it available for presale?

DannyBiker
    Participant

It was a joke of course…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Lana’s songs are going on iTunes on the 23rd.

Lambegue
    Participant

And still nothing about Elfman’s score…That’s really strange.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Album released, six Elfman tracks.

‘Big Eyes’ Soundtrack Released

Lambegue
    Participant

That’s…Disappointing…I’ll wait a bit to see if there will be another album, only with score…

Anonymous
    Inactive

They must come out with the score it has 27 tracks, here’s the link: http://twcguilds.com/big-eyes.html?section=music&selection=none

Lambegue
    Participant

Yes, this is the promo version of the score. Maybe the complete score has even more music than this (even with 27 tracks, the whole thing is pretty short).

ddddeeee
    Participant

There’s music on the album not on the FYC site.

Anyway I guess Lalaland will release this in ten years haha.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Merry Christmas Elfman fans. You get nothing.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Loved the movie. Funny, moving and a tonal change into a horror movie for five minutes that’s comfortably the most unsettling thing Burton’s ever filmed.

Main title sequence with Elfman score! The ‘Victory’ cue on the FYC website is another version of the latter part of the main title so it there is something bookending it. It also gets a little reprise during the postscript. Lana’s song only plays for a little while and it’s mostly the instrumental.

Score’s mixed very prominantly too. Definitely need to see the movie to appreciate the score more I think.

Lambegue
    Participant

Is there a lot of score in the movie ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

More than I’d expected. Add the extra music from the album to the FYC presentation and you might have it all.

I might be wrong but I think ‘Opening’ from the FYC playlist might have been tracked in another time too.

Lambegue
    Participant

Saw the film today (the delay between the American and the French release was quite long) : I liked it a lot, really interesting and a very good performance by the actors.
    As for the score, I agree with Ddddeeee, it seemed to me to be present in a good number of scenes. And often, I had the feeling that the musical tracks were rather long. Strange, considering how short were most of the tracks on the FYC.

lonzoe
    Participant

I’m still holding out hope that one of the labels are releasing a pressed cd of Elfman’s score only in the near future .

DannyBiker
    Participant

I really wonder what are the additional composers contribution though…
    Also, the “painting together at the parc” scene right after they met struck me musically because it sounds like the same 10 seconds of music is being looped 5 or 6 times…

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s also the love theme from Hitchcock.

Lambegue
    Participant
    DannyBiker wrote:
    I really wonder what are the additional composers contribution though…

I suppose they wrote some tracks, based on themes, or “suites”, written by Elfman : a work between arranging and composing, in a way.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.