Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion BOINGO LIVES!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

Now “this” is funny. Oingo Boingo is having a reunion concert but (get this) without Danny Elfman. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Check it out…

http://www.stevebartek.com/

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Tickets go on sale 9/03

Here’s the link to buy tickets:

http://www.thegroveofanaheim.com/info/schedule.asp

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the concert:

Johnny Vatos Tribute to Halloween Featuring Members of Oingo Boingo Johnny Vatos, John Avila, Steve Bartek and Sam Phipps

Katie
    Participant

Nah, doesn’t defeat the purpose.

I’ll be there. :-)

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Unbelievable…

guitarfreak
    Participant

OMFG! i totally wish i could go! but im stuck here in PA……..wonderful
    and without Danny?…….tis a shame

It will still probably be really cool its oingo boingo

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

That’s too bad. I may actually consider going to it if he attended (I live in WA).

boingomusic
    Participant

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

I just can’t believe it. Even if danny isn’t there, this is HUGE!
    I mean, the simple fact of seeing the Oingo Boingo logo, these names under it, and those numbers : 2-0-0-5… I just… don’t know what to say…. Except : What the hell am I doing in Switzerland!?!?!?!??!?!!!!
    Man, if they’re doing it, it’s because they want it, and if they want it, this means they’ll have fun, and if they’ll have fun, it just means it’s worth going. I’m sure it’s gonna be great. If I was closer to America, I would really go!!!!

-Eric

SB.com
    Participant

Dawg Man Wrote:

> Now “this” is funny. Oingo Boingo is having a
    > reunion concert but (get this) without Danny
    > Elfman. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose? Check it
    > out…
    >
    > http://www.stevebartek.com/

Now “this” is even funnier–no one ever said the word “reunion,” or “Oingo Boingo reunion” for that matter.

elfmanguy
    Participant

Do i go? Do i not go? Do i go? Do i not go?…. What if they say he wasnt coming, so a lot of us end up not going, but then he shows up as a suprise! That would suck for those of us who didnt go! Also been wondering…who the hell is gonna sing?

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, this the same question I was going to ask… Who’s gonna sing…
    It’ll probably be John Avila… I mean, he’s the only one who actually had a singer career (Food For Feet). And Steve Bartek will probably do the backing vocals…
    Maybe Sluggo will sing too (Reptiles and Samurais, and Monster Mash were always sung by Sluggo in concerts)…

Another question that came to my mind is : Ok, Sluggo, Vatos, Avila and Bartek will reunite for one night, but does this mean they’ll play any Boingo music????!!!???
    Then I just saw that SteveBartek.com has changed the Poster of the concert, and it’s written that they’ll play Boingo Hits. It’s also written that IT IS NOT a reunion concert…

But there’s this one thing : it says “with the presence of Richard Elfman and other Special Guests”… I know Elfman said he’ll never ever return, and that for him, it’s just far behind, but I just can’t stop thinking WHAT IF…….
    Do you guys think it’s worth the trip from Switzerland to L.A. for just one week-end, and then go back….? I just don’t know what to do…. Seeing Rick Elfman would be great too…

-Eric

beth
    Participant

go? don’t go?
    that’s my quandry, as well.
    Did Danny go to any of the Forbidden Zone screenings?

My thoughts are that this whole thing is going to be… rabid, and he’d rather stay away.

I certainly don’t want to go watch oingo boingo perform without danny, but if by some slim chance he were to sing, the pain of having missed it would be too great!

But my gut tells me he has better things to do.

Dawg Man
    Participant

SB.com Wrote:

> Dawg Man Wrote:
    >

>

> > Now “this” is funny. Oingo Boingo is having
    > a
    > > reunion concert but (get this) without Danny
    > > Elfman. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?
    > Check it
    > > out…
    > >
    > > http://www.stevebartek.com/
    >
    > Now “this” is even funnier–no one ever said the
    > word “reunion,” or “Oingo Boingo reunion” for that
    > matter.
    >

Really? I thought Danny shortened Oingo Boingo to Boingo in the early nineties. So when we se a banner that says “Boingo Lives”… well, nevermind. It’s not important. I’m sure the concert will kick ass.

By the way, I see you changed the logo. Thumbs up.

ooshmaster
    Participant

I’m going anyway. To those of you that are going, if you see a guy holding up a sign advertising the Music For A Darkened People site, that’s probably me.

LittleMaestro
    Participant

I got my tickets in my hand!!!!

The way I see it, its a win win situation. Cause if I didn’t go and he shows up I would have to kill myself. This way even if he doesn’t show up, to hear OINGO BOINGO music be played by the only group of musicians that can play OINGO BOINGO music will be Good For My Soul.

Thor
    Participant

> Do you guys think it’s worth the trip from
    > Switzerland to L.A. for just one week-end, and
    > then go back….?

Not unless you’re made of money. I’m a hardcore Elfman and Boingo fan like yourself, but I could never afford a trip from Norway to the US just for this. In fact, I could never afford a trip to the US for any reason at this point.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.