Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Boingo Reunion? Please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    P1Nhead
    Participant

Any word on whether or not the guys are planning on a possible reunion, at all?! It’s been 10 long years… Pink Floyd recently did it… um, Duran Duran’s done it (original members)… um, can’t think of anyone else…

I miss ’em… my heart bled out a sad sad death the day they retired…

delfman
    Participant

that would be so awsome i would be there if it was a concert or a different thing

It would be hard i think to have a reunion right now with Danny’s schedule being so full and stuff, maybe he will get lucky and get some free time to possibly schedule one. Who knows?

FFC

Thor
    Participant

Well, Pink Floyd was a special case. It had to take the influence of pal Bob Geldof and the extremely good cause that was Live 8. And even then, it’s most probably a one-time event. The dynamic between Waters and Gilmour wasn’t exactly glowing on stage. But it still ranks as one of the greatest entertainment news in my life (I am a PF nut/completist, but when I became a fan, they had already disbanded).

But Pink Floyd continued to tour and release albums after Water’s departure in the early 80’s. When they did their Division Bell tour in 94, the guys were already in their 50’s. And judging by Elfman’s aversion towards becoming a rock’n’roll “dinosaur”, I think it’s EXTREMELY unlikely that he will return in that arena, particularly now that he has passed 50 himself.

But hey….nothing would make me happier. Just being a realist here.

RyanMaleyofRohan
    Participant

As interesting as it would be for Oingo Boingo to play at least one Halloween show (knowing that this Halloween is the ten year mark), a re-union would contradict their reason for breaking up.
    Oingo Boingo quit while they were ahead. If they re-unite, how are they any different than Motley Crue, or any other joke that writes a few songs and does a tour to supposedly “come back”?
    Oingo Boingo disbanded before they began writing any dumb songs, or running out of ideas. They stopped before they turned into a group of old out-of-shape lunatics like Motley Crue.
    The break-up of Oingo Boingo should be a lesson taught to every band.
    If Oingo Boingo re-unites, then I would definitley go see them play, but when it comes down to Boingo writing new music, I would definitley buy it, but I don’t encourage it.
    I’m more up for the idea of Oingo Boingo finding some old live video footage and releasing that.

P1Nhead
    Participant

I guess I’m still kicking myself for not going to that last show… I had the ticket, but got sick… but I still shoulda gone…

I understand what you guys are saying… not necessarily new material… just a time to play together again…

Has anyone seen “Deadman’s Party”… the Boingo-dedicated band that often plays at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood?

I agree, Boingo did go out on top… that last album was a great way to end it.

LittleMaestro
    Participant

I have often thought about going to see “Dead Man’s Party”, but something in my inner being keeps telling me no.

If they were to reunite it would have to be on Halloween and it would have to be at Irvine Meadows Ampitheater. Although I am not holding out hope that it will ever happen.

Plus the fact I am not sure who outside of Bartek and Avila would be willing. Especially after the last comment I heard Vatos make.

DG
    Participant

I would agree that a reunion is highly unlikely and their farewell concert set the bar pretty high. That said, I would still pay much more than I could afford to see it. Just curious though, what did you hear Vatos say and where did you hear it?

elfmanguy
    Participant

Um yeah! Actually id like to know what Vatos said too!

LittleMaestro
    Participant

I am trying to find the article, but, I am paraphrasing… He said something to the effect of… He and some of the other members began to feel like they were just hired help.

ooshmaster
    Participant

That’s understandable, with any band that big. A freind of mine talked with Danny at his high-school reunion, and Danny said he doesn’t know where half of the guys are.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.