Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Burton out of Believe it or Not…?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21120

There doesn’t seem to be any evidence, and it’s only a “may be searching for a new director…” so who knows how much truth is behind this story. I certainly hope it’s not true! This really seemed like the ideal project for Burton/Elfman, and it would have been interesting to see how they collaborated with Jim Carrey.

Donnie_Darko88
    Participant

I certainly hope this is false. I would’ve absolutely LOVED to see Burton tackle this material with a great Elfman score. And I was really looking forward to seeing him work with Jim Carrey. That would’ve been quite a collaboration.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

What happened to Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski’s script ?

RCox
    Participant

It was thrown out when the project was shut down last summer. Personally, if they can’t settle on a script, I have no problems with this project being abandoned. The last time a Burton film had major script problems was Planet of the Apes. I don’t think anyone here wants to see another Planet of the Apes fiasco.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I had heard that when Jim Carrey signed on, they brought in Steve Oedekirk to retool it to Carrey’s personality. And I was OK with that, because “Kung Pow: Enter the Fist” is one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen. Really, I’d be happy with either script, just as long as Burton directs it!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I don’t think anyone here wants to see another Planet of the Apes fiasco.

However, the movie did make 180 million.

RCox
    Participant

Which is a sad commentary on the expectations of American audiences. Sure, the movie made a fortune, but do you know anyone who really likes it?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Sure, the movie made a fortune, but do you know anyone who really likes it?

At first, yes — but they soon flip-flopped on the issue. I do agree that it’s one of Burton’s lesser movies. I wouldn’t call it a fiasco, but I suppose I’m splitting hairs.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I have no issues saying that I like it. It is not Burton’s best; far from. But I still liked it. In fact, it has grown on me over the years….

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The latest news is that Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine) is in talks to direct the movie. Umm… I don’t like this idea.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Okay, another director update: now IMDb says Brad Silberling is going to direct. This one I give a thumbs-up to, not only because “Lemony Snicket” was an incredible movie, but also because he shot a movie in my town (“Moonlight Mile,” which sucked, but it was shot in my town, dammit! I was there!) Interestingly, Danny’s name is still listed on the movie’s IMDb page. Of course, it’s not the most reliable website, being user-generated and all, but I’d be content with the way it looks presently.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.