Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Charlie & The Chocolate Factory dvd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Edward Bloom
    Participant

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7636&n=1&burl=

Pretty disappointing : no Burton or Elfman commentary and very frugal extras that seems children oriented. Let’s hope the “five making of featurettes” are long enough, especially when it’ll get in the music’s area…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Wow, disappointing indeed. There’s more focus on Deep Roy and less on Danny.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Gotta’ make room for those special editions, eh?

Danny Burton
    Participant

UGH!

WB has done the same thing with the Harry Potter DVDs: a bunch of useless and stupid kid-oriented extras.

Screw them!

elfmanguy
    Participant

Theres no way this can have NO commentary! The site just forgot to mention it! If there is two disks they gotta fill it with something so i believe the special features must be long! If there is no commentary then its not much of a deluxe version! Now im thinkig whether or nor not i should buy it! I want it so badly but if there is no commentary or deleted scenes im not so sure its worth it!

Screw commentary! I hate commentary! Its like sitting next to someone when theyre talking during the movie. What I would appreciate however is an isolated score track. That would be freakin great! And as for Deep Roy, leave the poor guy alone. He had to do everything shown in the movie by the number of times he was digitally multiplied, which is 165. Imagine having to do the same dance number 165 times. Yea thank you. Shh. An Elfman featurette would be good, though. An interview about the songs and the zany score. Well, theres always special editions.

elfmanguy
    Participant

I think the 2 disk one is supposed to be a special edition! Thats what is so dissappointing! And i dont think anyone was dissing Deep Roy! I cant wait to see the featurettes on him. An isolated scoe would be nice! They dont do it enough! They did it on Planet of the apes and that was nice. They should do it more!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

An isolated scoe would be nice! They dont do it enough! They did it on Planet of the apes and that was nice. They should do it more!

Do they even make isolated film scores for DVD’s anymore?

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Yeah…from time to time. I really thought it was becoming a standard feature when a famous composer composed for the film but it didn’t. The last track I can think of is Beltrami’s I Robot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.