Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Corpse Bride site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Pogel
    Participant

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/corpsebride/flashsite/main.html

Anyone pointed towards this side and the songs already?

Edward Bloom
    Participant

To quote the trailer : “This is going to be huge !”

chocothrax
    Participant

Listening to the audio clips…

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!! The song Elfman sings is so damn groovy. Some of the others sound like demos, though.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Holy fuckin’ shit!

I’m sorry, that’s as eloquently as I can put it.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Yea, What he said.

There seems to be some hidden features. I found some of them. Point and click everywhere on every page. Have fun.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I hate to say this, but I think this is bound to be my least favorite of Danny Elfman’s “musicals.” I just watched “Nightmare” again today and I’ve been listening to the “Charlie” soundtrack, and after hearing those songs I’m just not that excited after the “Corpse Bride” songs. They sound less unique than Danny’s other stuff, although his vocals are always awesome. It was pretty clear that a lot of the stuff was demo, but I just didn’t hear as much as I had expected, score portions included. Of course the movie’s still a month away and the complete score is probably going to amaze once again, so my judgement may come too early. Don’t kill me please. I still think the whole movie looks cool!

beth
    Participant

couldn’t have put it better, myself, TenderLumpling.

Four words… “Remains of the Day.” I’m so happy I could cry…. seriously!

boingomusic
    Participant

Well,

I’d share the same feeling as Spider-Fan… I’m a little disappointed… It’s very intresting, but I don’t hear any specific melody… I expected more thematic elements in the songs… But these are demos… so, let’s hope it’ll sound more “magic” and surprising when the film will be ready…

-Eric

Pogel
    Participant

a) most of the songs sound very Gilbert & Sullivan-esque – no refrains, straight ahead text and melody and
    b) Brilliant vocal counterpoint!
    c) The ochestrations are fantastic with the harpsichord, horns and the ww doubleing the singers.
    d) The performances suck! Elfman is allright, but the rest should have taken some serious singing lessons.
    e) Synth orchestra?! Either that or the mixing is really bad – I hope they will clean this up for the final release.

I like it a lot better then Charlie, and I loved that!
    Can’t wait for more.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

>>> e) Synth orchestra?! Either that or the mixing is really bad – I hope they will clean this up for the final release.

Well yes, Elfman is no Vangelis or Zimmer. It’s pretty obvious those are demos…

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ha — synthetic orchestra — that almost sounds like oxymoron.

boingomusic
    Participant

Did you guys notice the big “E” on the wall, in the music gallery ???

Do you think it means Elfman???

evilducky77
    Participant

I can’t wait to hear the rest of the songs. . .how awesome!

:) :) :)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’ve started to thoroughly enjoy “Remains of the Day.” It’s got the playfullness of the “Charlie” songs, plus it reminds me of the old but awesome “Disney’s Halloween” special they used to play every year (for those who might remember, it was comprised of several scary/creepy classic cartoons, like a storm at a windmill and Mickey, Donald and Goofy as a ghost hunting squad). And I think “The Wedding Song” is going to sound very good once it’s put to a real orchestra. I still don’t get much out of “Tears to Shed” and “According to Plan.” They sound too much like Disney numbers. Hey, just because he’s my favorite composer doesn’t mean I have to like everything he writes.

ooshmaster
    Participant

So we can all tell that they are demos. The question is, why hasn’t anyone made mp3s of them yet? We can probably count on the fact that there aren’t going to be demos on the soundtrack. But true Elfman completists will want the demos as well.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Very true, ooshmaster. Everyone’s wanting completed versions, but once those are out, they’ll be wanting the demos back again. Like the Nightmare Before Christmas demos. Everyone’s wanting those now.

9fingeredElf
    Participant
    ooshmaster
    Participant

Thanks.

beth
    Participant

yes, thank you very much!

Dawg Man
    Participant

IT’s funny to hear him using those old school samples in his demos.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.