Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Corpse Bride Soundtrack site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Edward Bloom
    Participant

http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/corpsebride/

Those versions seem to be the finale ones !

Phoe_Elfman
    Participant

oh my *________*
    woooow!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Much nicer with the real orchestra. I just hope the voices don’t get too drowned in the movie, because they’re kinda hard to hear. Then again, that just might be a quality of the inhabitants of in the Underworld. As for “According to Plan,” does it sound a bit broadway-like, which he said he hated? Can’t wait for the score to be added. Very nice of WB to be so generous like this.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Much nicer with the real orchestra. I just hope the voices don’t get too drowned in the movie, because they’re kinda hard to hear.

I think it sounds fine. Lightyear’s ahead of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Meaning, the Charlie score-album sounds fine, but the score-dub for the film is almost inaudible at times, particularly for Violet Beauregarde cue — I couldn’t hear a damn lyric.

Then again, that just might be a quality of the inhabitants of in the Underworld. As for “According to Plan,” does it sound a bit broadway-like, which he said he hated?

Danny doesn’t like anything to come out of Broadway since West Side Story. According to Plan — at least to my ears — sounds like something from the 40s.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I don’t like According to Plan. I tried, but I just don’t like it. :(

Lucius
    Participant

For me, Remins of the the day is brilliant, but The Wedding Song is my favorite…absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I cannot WAIT to see this f-ing movie!

johnmullin
    Participant

They still sound like demos to me, just nicer demos that better reflect what the final orcehstrations will be.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Yeah, I agree. Danny usually does initial mock-up’s himself, as we heard on the regular site. Nothing spectacular. He then has someone, usually Marc Mann, (someone much more experienced in the technical aspect of midi programming) silumate more realistic sounding demos.

johnmullin
    Participant

Yeah, I think it’s a combination of that, and that the first set of demos were probably used as playback for when they were shooting the movie. Once the film was all together, Elfman probably went back and better molded the underscore to the picture. The vocals seem to be the same between both versions.

Personally, I like all the songs except for “Tears To Shed,” which leaves me a bit cold. I love love love the Wedding Song, especially the last 90 seconds or so.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Personally, I like all the songs except for “Tears To Shed,” which leaves me a bit cold.

Is it the Peter Lorre voice?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

The vocals seem to be the same between both versions.

Actually, the vocals are a bit different. Danny’s scatting in Remains of the Day, for example.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

That was there before, if I remember. And the song was truncated at the end, too. It’s too bad because I liked the original ending better.

Dawg Man
    Participant

johnmullin Wrote:

> Yeah, I think it’s a combination of that, and that
    > the first set of demos were probably used as
    > playback for when they were shooting the movie.
    > Once the film was all together, Elfman probably
    > went back and better molded the underscore to the
    > picture. The vocals seem to be the same between
    > both versions.
    >
    > Personally, I like all the songs except for “Tears
    > To Shed,” which leaves me a bit cold. I love love
    > love the Wedding Song, especially the last 90
    > seconds or so.

He did the same thing with Nightmare Before Christmas, if you listen to those demos — the ending to “This is Halloween” in particular.

Also, I have a feeling that Elfman’s going to re-work the Bride’s solo in “Tears to Shed” as her theme in the overall score. That’s just my assumption though.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Can someone find out if those can be turn into mp3 links or do we have to record them from the page itself ?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

That was there before, if I remember.

The scatting was there before? Who are you talking to?

9fingeredElf
    Participant

There are no mp3’s for those, that I could find, so you’ll have to record them yourself .

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Could someone make mp3’s out of them ? I tried but had problem with the pitch; it raises on a very funny yet not faithful level…

Sorry to bother but if these are demos, they’re not going to be online forever and I’d like to be able to listen to them in five years…:)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Danny’s an awesome scat-er! I mean, he’s got skills! I haven’t heard mean scatting like that since Will Ferrell went against Lou Rawls on the unrated Anchorman commentary! For those who own it, give it a listen…it’s pretty intense.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.