Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion cues that bring you goosebumps…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hey all, just wondering which elfman tracks always give you that warm special feeling when it hits that “cool” part. it may last a couple of seconds but who cares, it’s amazing (i.e. last minute of the MIB finale).

Danny Burton
    Participant

– The choral part of “He’s Back!” – SM2
    – The big statement of the Peter Parker theme at the end of “Final Confrontation” – SM
    – The bells at the end of “Finale” – Batman
    – There’s this part during the Jack and Sally Montage that kills me with its beauty, it goes from 3:07 to 3:51 – TNBC

More later…

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Score: Sleepy Hollow
    Track: Tree of the Dead
    Part: … Everyone here should know the part. :)

Actually, there are many parts in that score that I absolutely love, such as the End Credits (1:30 – 1:48).

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Spider-Man 2:
    “MJ’s New Life/Spidus Interruptus” – after the first minute when it gets all choral and thematic
    “The Bank/Saving May” – The part where Spidey catches the falling Aunt May, and also the last 20 seconds as he swings away
    “Train/Appreciation” – Big, brassy Spidey theme, also the choral beginning and end of “appreciation”
    “Armageddon/A Really Big Web” – MJ makes her big discovery, and the very end of the track.
    “At Long Last, Love” – Of course, the finale

Spider-Man:
    “Final Confrontation” – mostly everythign that wasn’t on the soundtrack, from the lowering of the tram to the Green Goblin getting his ass whooped.

Sleepy Hollow:
    “A New Day” – The final choral part

Big Fish:
    “Finale” – The very end

As you all can tell, I love my Elfman music.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There are many, but here’s a quick and easy one:

“Main Titles” from MARS ATTACKS! From the first rumblings in the brass to the wild tempo change into the final march, I want to argue that this is Elfman’s coolest main title.

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

“Main Titles” from MARS ATTACKS! From the first rumblings in the brass to the wild tempo change into the final march, I want to argue that this is Elfman’s coolest main title.

No arguments here…

Nightbreed, Edward, Black Beauty and A Simple Plan have owned my ass in a few occasions, too.

Anonymous

imho, I would say that the Mars Attacks! Main Title is quite possibly Elfman’s most powerful piece next to Edwardo’s Grande FInale ofcourse…

Untamed Aggression
    Participant

– Choral beginning of “Appreciation” – Spidey 2
    – Costume Montage – Spidey
    – The frantic strings towards the end of Main Titles – Red Dragon
    – The bells in Burning $ – A Simple Plan
    – When the M:I theme kicks in during Zoom B (and the lead up to it) – Mission: Impossible
    – Grand Finale – Edward Scissorhands

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.