Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny and Age of Ultron!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

del

ddddeeee
    Participant

Happy to get Elfman on the album even though it’s probably a little over a third of what he contributed.

Incidentally, all Elfman’s announced 2015 scores are done, and Miss Peregrine and Alice 2 are a while away yet. I wonder what he’s up to? Wouldn’t be like him to take a long break.

Megarama
    Participant

What about Goosebumps? Or is it not true that he’s replaced Henry Jackman on that?

ddddeeee
    Participant

A few sites have Elfman listed for Goosebumps but none of them are reputable.

ddddeeee
    Participant

No hard feelings anyway.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Updated with more Danny!

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron Title (Tyler)
    2. Heroes (Elfman)
    3. Rise Together (Tyler)
    4. Breaking and Entering (Tyler)
    5. It Begins (Elfman)
    6. Birth of Ultron (Tyler)
    7. Ultron / Twins (Elfman)
    8. Hulkbuster (Tyler)
    9. Can You Stop This Thing? (Elfman)
    10. Sacrifice (Tyler)
    11. Farmhouse (Elfman)
    12. The Vault (Tyler)
    13. The Mission (Tyler)
    14. Seoul Searching (Tyler)
    15. Inevitability / One Good Eye (Elfman)
    16. Ultron Wakes (Elfman)
    17. Vision (Tyler)
    18. The Battle (Tyler)
    19. Wish You Were Here (Tyler)
    20. The Farm (Elfman)
    21. Darkest of Intentions (Tyler)
    22. Fighting Back (Tyler)
    23. Avengers Unite (Elfman)
    24. Keys to the Past (Tyler)
    25. Uprising (Tyler)
    26. Outlook (Tyler)
    27. The Last One (Tyler)
    28. Nothing Lasts Forever (Elfman)
    29. New Avengers-Avengers: Age of Ultron (Elfman)

DannyBiker
    Participant

I must say I was unsatisfied by the fact that the last few tracks were Tylers’ only. That 29’s track title feels like a great conclusion and final settlement of the themes…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Marvel site updated. Tracks 2 and 15, both Elfman, don’t feature in the movie.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Positive review of the score.

http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/aou/

Has it already been discussed that the album will be digitally released on April 28th (10 days from now) and on CD on May 19th?

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24446/marvels_avengers_age_of_ultron_original_soundtrack_available_digitally_april_28

When do you guys think we’ll get a preview? Sometime this week? Maybe Tuesday?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I see the movie on Wednesday and I’ll let ya’ll know. :)

sajrocks
    Participant

Full score available to listen on YouTube… for now. Here is the playlist:

Avengers Age of Ultron Soundtrack | YouTube

Edit: And alas, it is gone. Glad some of you got to hear it! :(

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, I’ve listened to it and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. You can really hear that Danny enjoyed writing the music; I think that after so many small films, he wanted to go full muscle for a short while…even though it meant using a lot of pre-existing themes. It’s nothing that you’ve never heard before but it’s straightforward and effective.
    His new theme, although nothing special, morphs pretty well with Silvestri’s (which wasn’t something special either). It seems that he uses others themes as well but I’m no Marvel fan so I don’t know about that. There’s a more emotionnal theme though that sounds like a mixture of Sleepy Hollow’s main theme and Hulk’s Love Theme (the second part).

On a side note, I have the impression that there are still orchestral samples left in there (especially in “Heroes” which isn’t used in the film…perhaps a demo-track of his ideas that was only partially recorded). The mixing isn’t the greatest either but I guess there wasn’t much time for crafting…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I totally agree… a thoroughly enjoyable listen indeed.

Just imagine what he could have done with a clean slate (profound sigh :))… but maybe there’s a chance that he returns for the next one :)

Monsterhead
    Participant

Damn. I was in the middle of listening to the tracks as the files were being removed. Sounded good to me and I had a hard time distinguishing Tyler from Elfman a few times.

ddddeeee
    Participant

A lot of Silvestri music was tracked in. Mixing wasn’t very good, a bit kinder to Elfman than Tyler but not ideal.

lonzoe
    Participant

ddddeeee Wrote:

> A lot of Silvestri music was tracked in. Mixing
    > wasn’t very good, a bit kinder to Elfman than
    > Tyler but not ideal.

Haven’t seen/heard the film/score yet but it seems like a waste of Elfman’s talents if you ask me.

Lambegue
    Participant

I saw the movie yesterday, but there was a problem with the sound in the cinema (very low, lack of dynamism…). From what I heard, I agree with ddddeeee, a lot of temptracking (sadly, including during the end credits) and a music globaly drown under the effects.
    But I heard the score on youtube (it was available again yesterday), and I love it. Quite hard sometimes to say exactly who did what, there is a real unity between the two composers, unexpected knowing how the “collaboration” worked…Happy to hear Elfman in epic mode again, the better Marvel Universe score for the moment, according to me.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Is the last track from the release also edited in the end credits ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

The ‘New Avengers’ segment is cut from the scene it was obviously meant to accompany, ‘A Promise’ from the first is tracked in, but I think it was temped in earlier in the movie somewhere. It’s really a huge mess musically.

Elfman’s ‘It Begins’ opens the movie but ‘I Got a Ride’ from the first score plays instead of Elfman’s ‘Heroes’ cue.

And Tyler somehow gets it worse. Elfman’s dramatic cues get a bit of a chance to breathe, Scarlet Witch’s big moment (Inevitability) is prominant and ‘Avengers Unite’ is kind of audible, but 90% of what Tyler wrote is completely buried. On the other hand, Silvestri’s cues are prominantly mixed.

lonzoe
    Participant

So for those who’ve seen the movie any thoughts?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Messy but good. Action kind of hard to follow but all the characters shine. Although I didn’t care much for Banner or Hulk in this one.

Lambegue
    Participant

Three additional composers on this one (for Elfman’s tracks) : Chris Bacon, Paul Mounsey and T. J. Lindgren. Not surprising considering the time he had…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.