Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny annotates the ‘Rabbit and Rouge’ finale in the New York mag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gaba
    Participant

Just a few points of the final page of the ballet score are addressed, but it’s still pretty cool.

http://nymag.com/arts/classicaldance/dance/features/47370/

I like the way he adresses the harp part. ;-)

Norby
    Participant

Why doesn’t he know why the letters are there? Yes, they are the harp pedal markings, but you should really know about harp pedalling if you’re going to write harp music…otherwise you’re guessing and loads of stuff might be impossible to play. Mmm… wish he didn’t admit that!:) Anyway, should be fun.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Welcome to the reality of film music… :-)

Norby
    Participant

True… but this isn’t a film!:-)

http://www.myspace.com/christophernorby

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Does it really matter? If Danny doesn’t know how to write for harp by now, who does? Hell, he probably HAS one of his own! It’s possible he’s being sarcastic, anyway. That’s how I took it. It’s some pretty funny commentary. :)

Norby
    Participant

I think it matters. Yeah I know that’s what I thought… you’d think by now he’d know about harp writing. But I suppose he could be being sarcastic.

RCox
    Participant

I believe I once read an article in which James Horner discussed that some of his earlier woodwind work had to be rearranged because he was writing stuff that was impossible for the players to perform (limited time for breathing).

Natrebo
    Participant

Let’s not forget that there’s more than one way to designate pedal settings for a harp. There’s a way to write it where you don’t use letters at all, but 7 bars along a line set to up, middle, and down along the line.

Norby
    Participant

Yeah and your point is…?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Let’s not be so uptight, mahn!

Natrebo
    Participant

My point is as long as you know “how” to write, or in the case of the harp, how NOT to write then all is good…

He knows how the harp works… he even mentioned pedals, most people probably don’t know that a harp HAS pedals.

That’s my point… but it’s not worth that much I see…

…I’m sorry for even bringing it up. :(

Norby
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t mean to offend. I get your point… and I know, most people don’t even know. I love Danny of course, I was just surprised! Don’t be sad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.