Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman feud with U2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ghost Moth
    Participant

That’s pure sensationalism.
    I’ve never found any truth to what that woman is suggesting, that they were fighting over doing the score and decided U2 would just do the songs.

The drummer and Bassist from U2 contributed two versions of Lalo’s theme and Danny Elfman was hired to replace Alan Silvestri’s rejected score.
    The other soundtrack CD, not the score album, has other songs as well by various artists. Most tracks not in the movie.

“During 1995 Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton were both spending time in New York on a break away from U2. During this time they recorded the theme to 1996’s blockbuster movie, Mission: Impossible. The movie soundtrack featured two versions of the title song recorded by Mullen and Clayton. A single was released with additional remixes of these two tracks. The single and the soundtrack were released on U2’s own Mother Records label in Europe, and on Island elsewhere. The song went to the top 10 on the charts around the world, and was a definite success.”

But I did find that Sting called the duo’s 4/4 version of the Mission Impossible theme “crap.”

Danny Burton
    Participant

Good lord, his hair!! What was he thinking?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

What? Danny Elfman wants to score MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE?!?!? I thought Alan Silvestri was scoring it!!!

;)

Ryan

Phoe_Elfman
    Participant

i hate sting

johnmullin
    Participant

What the hell is this even doing on here? Am I mistaken, or did all this happen in 1996?!

Notwithstanding, the Adam Clayton / Larry Mullen cover of the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE theme was recorded before Elfman even came onto the picture.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hardly a feud.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Hardly a feud.

Duh.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hm, but you’re the one that called it that.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Maybe it was internet sarcasm? :)

Thanks for the link. I watched the other Elfman/Boingo files. Very interesting time capsules.

Ryan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.