Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman receives seven BMI crystals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    guitarfreak
    Participant

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/535089

sorry guys!
    didn’t mean to post it twice!

Danny Burton
    Participant

What are these awards given for anyway?

I think Meet The Robinsons is the only Elfman score I dislike.

gaba
    Participant

Beat me to it. Good for Danny!
    I’ll allow myself to crosspost from another forum, okay? Just this once. ;-)

delfman_1_450.jpg
    It kinda makes you think you’ll hear an “Ooops! *crash*” any second. Luckily he didn’t try to hold all of them at once.

From what I recall, he’d already won a handful of them in the past years. He could start using them as bowling pins, perhaps – because, honestly, how many paperweights does one household need, eh?

Secondly: is that a doll behind him? It looks like one of the old dolls the man collects among other twsited juju stuff . Did he bring it along? Hmmm. *imagines an award reception speech done ventriloquist-style* “Hi, I’m Danny’s little doll, he thanks you for the honour”. Audience: “Eeeek!” :-O

THIRDLY:… Hold on. He got awards for EVERYTHING he did this year! Nacho. Charlotte’s Web. Meet The Robinsons… I think that’s kinda shifty. Who would want to get awards for every single thing they did within a year? Not much of an ambition boost, is it? Look in his eyes. Look! Can you read that *Ok, losers, I’ve got thirty two of these, now bring on the Oscar, motherf*****s* – look on his face? I sure can.
    naaaaah, who needs one.
    Instead, let’s build a huge, multi-part lens out of the BMI ones and see if we can burn a ship with the concentrated sunrays. No, wait, that’s Adam Savage‘s job. They do look alike, though, right?

Edward Bloom
    Participant

>>Secondly: is that a doll behind him?µ

No, that’s his son Oliver…

gaba
    Participant

*spills morning coffeee on various important things lying around computer-desk*
    LOL

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Oliver’s grown up quite quick, eh? And a transvestite? ALREADY?

I think people give out award trinkets like candy these days. Although it’s nice to see someone giving a lot of recognition to The Man.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.