Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny loving musicians

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Javert
    Participant

I have always been a huge fan of Danny Elfman, I’ve studied his music since high school and he’s the reason I started composing! My band director used to always be like… there ARE other composers out there! Not to step on any toes, Ryan, but can I get some fellow Danny fans to check out some of my tracks on my music :-)

http://www.myspace.com/bscottrumsey

Not trying to advertise, but I would really like some feedback from people who understand Danny’s music as I do!! Thanks for the time!

Brandon
    musicman2422@yahoo.com

boingomusic
    Participant

Hi Brandon!

Congratulations on your music. It’s really very interesting. I can clearly see your Elfman influence, but you have your own style as well. It’s beautiful.

I’m a composer myself. I added you as a friend on myspace. If you wanna check out my Elfman inspired stuff, listen to “The Heartless Duke” and “The world of Senda” ( http://www.myspace.com/illusionsoflight )

Thanks again for sharing your music.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Great work indeed. I especially liked “Lullaby Mortesque”, a highly elfmanesque title by the way.
    As for you boingomusic, I already knew your work from previous posts but I always enjoy listening to new material. I think it’s great to see how Elfman’s music has an influence on a lot of young composers, sometimes in unexpected ways.

I also compose music but mainly for short films. I just started this year, so it’s still rather simplistic. Beside, I’m self-taught and still have to explore the many possibilities of Cubase lol. My music page is my signature… ;-)

Javert
    Participant

I appreciate all of the kind words! I’m off to school, but I will check out both of your sites when I get home! Thank you, and I’m very excited to get to know everyone’s work and see what aspect of elfman’s music has affected it! Some of my favorite scores are Black Beauty, Big Fish, and Dolores Claiborne. Serenada Schizophrana has to be by far one of the most amazing works I’ve ever heard. I play it in my car non-stop… it’s always… hmm.. .what movement am I going to listen to on the way to work today.

Thanks for checking it out!

Brandon

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I like the use of the marimbas. I’m also a composer, but I won’t post a link. :)

boingomusic
    Participant

That’s to bad Mr. Dantz, because I clearly remember your “Coming Of The Banshee” track. I used to go to your MOSTLY GHOSTLY page once in a while, just to listen to your stuff… Yep, we remember you Nigel ;-)

evil-dead
    Participant

nice stuff! just curious as to what sample libraries you used. keep it up! oh and did you get the music i sent you?

Javert
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for checking out the music! I’ve never gotten so many listens in a short period of time and I know it’s because of you! thanks for those that left feedback, etc.!

:-)

Brandon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.