Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Deep Sea 3D’ feature at FSM Online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The March issue of FSM Online debuted today and there’s a three part video series on DEEP SEA 3D. It’s a great way to hear excerpts from “Serenada” and the DEEP SEA score — via clips from the film.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmonline

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m not subscribed.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You can subscribe for $4.95 for the month. That’s not a lot! I’d share the Quicktime files, but that is definitely not cool considering they are FSMs and were prepared by Saul Pincus for the site.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Nah, I’m just really wanting to hear some of the clips of Serenada. I think when or if there’s an announcement of a cd release, I’ll have an orgasm.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’ve now seen DEEP SEA 3D and “Serenada” is the spirit behind the score. But there isn’t much direct qouting of the work. There are major sections of “Movement I: Piano” and “Movement V: I Forget (Choral)” in two parts of the film respectively, and the frenetic “Movement IV: Quadruped Patrol” is used for the gigantic squid sequence. Elfman also spins out a great, SPIDER-MAN 2/”Armageddon/A Really Big Web!” (1:12 in)-like motif in the scene exploring the wreck. The score is fantastic, seamless (I couldn’t tell where Elfman started and Lurie ended) and gorgeous. If it doesn’t get a CD release then it will be 2006’s first great musical travesty.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

How about the musical travesty of the century?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

We’ll have to wait for that!

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

How about the musical travesty of the century?

Isn’t that Batman Beings? I’m sorry. I just listened to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and it got me thinking how great that score could have been if Chris Nolan liked symphonic music in his films.

Monsterhead
    Participant

BATMAN BEINGS? As in BEING JOHN MALKOVICH? I must have missed that movie – who starred in it and what was the music like?

SleepyHello
    Participant

I’m sorry, you lost me on that one.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

BATMAN BEINGS?

I am retarded.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.