Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion DISILLUSIONED FAN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    luvlymusician
    Participant

Hello, I love danny elfman music, and my college is recently playing his “nightmare before christmas” music… it’s really awesome and hard… I think it goes up to 6 sharps at some times…. anywho, Im really disillusioned because my private teacher (who works with studio film recording) with danny elfman and john williams… told me that…. DANNY ELFMAN DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO WRITE HIS MUSIC…. that he supposedly hums it at tells someone to write it out… man, I really hope it’s not true…. does anyone else know about this????

Spider-Fan
    Participant
    Dawg Man
    Participant

Wow, there’s a post about this every week. HE WRITES HIS OWN MUSIC! He’s been doing it for 20 years.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m going to start deleting these threads because as far as I’m concerned all college professors are perves who drug their students and force them to perform sloppy oral sex.

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Ryan … Quote of the year.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Jesus Ryan, this thread’s vulgarity just elevated a few degrees — how completely warranted, by the way. Bloody disillusioned fans.

luvlymusician
    Participant

wow, ok, I didn’t know there were THAT many posts like that…. but anywho, I believe it would be extremely hard to hum all those parts… don’t u think?…. and the person that told me that wasn’t a college proffessor…. it was a very respected talented private teacher….. and no, I’ve never been forced to have any kind of oral sex…… ur mind is perverted to come up with such ideas……

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Pray tell how a “private teacher” would know the supposed “truth” behind a score written over fifteen years ago, a “truth” that has never been corroborated by any of the main players who worked on the score?

Ryan

Knight
    Participant

Well, I would say make a FAQ sticky for this kind of crap but given that people like to post a new thread about the SAME topic that was posted the day before, I guess it wouldn’t do much good.

Knight (All I can say is read the Elfman to Professor letter, that **** is priceless!!!)

PHIL
    Participant

Either way, whether or not Elfman ‘writes’ or hums. He creates some wonderful scores. And we have all experienced a part of musical mythology for centuries to come.

Rlassiter
    Participant

Wow…I was once a disillusioned fan. I know it may get frustrating to hear this post every couple of months, but Elfman has said himself he doesn’t want to defend himself anymore, therefore I think as die-hard fans we should. Please refer to a post I made very much like your own a couple of months ago. There were a few helpful posts in response (one in particular from johnmullin). It is so cleverly titled “Danny Elfman doesn’t read music?”.
    Legit question, but entirely fabricated.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.