Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion DOLORES CLAIBORNE: THE DELUXE EDITION

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    lonzoe
    Participant

This took me by surprise due to Varese’s track record with how long they procrastinate on expanding scores they hold in perpetuity. With that said I’m looking forward to it. And the score definitely seems to have gotten overlooked overtime.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This really might be my favourite Elfman score. These really dark drama/thrillers, Dolores Claiborne, A Simple Plan, The Girl on the Train, really bring out Elfman’s best work as a dramatist – the storytelling is just brilliant in all three, and Dolores is the best of the bunch.

Monsterhead
    Participant

What a good mail week! Just my copy in the mail a day after LLL’s DARKMAN. Two of my fave Elfman scores with brand new editions back-to-back,

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Listening to this right now. It sounds better than the “Composer’s Edition”. More spacious and wider sounding. Such an underrated score!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Oh, man. When the warmth finally breaks through (just a little!) in ‘The Will’…the introduction to the eclipse theme in ‘The Well’…the transition from present to past in ‘Better Times. So good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.