Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman Decapitated. . .

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    evilducky77
    Participant

So, anyone see the Star Wars Family Guy episode?

HAH!

mootum
    Participant

That was HILARIOUS! Their take on what “all Elfman music” sounds like was great! I’m still laughing…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh the nerd rage!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I was watching happily with my friends, laughing heartily at the John Williams jokes, when all of a sudden, Chris uttered Danny’s name, the music played, and then I let out a gasp from which I did not recover for a good minute. Why, Seth Macfarlane? Why?! The horror!

elfmanguy
    Participant

I taped it and I just watched that part. Friggin’ sad and hilarious! But he does not score like that. Hahaha!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    lonzoe
    Participant

That’s funny because he doesn’t CONDUCT any of his scores.Just one scene from Charlotte’s Web. Yet they show him conducting BEETLEJUICE-ESQUE music. That joke would’ve worked better if they were SPOOOFING a superhero movie. It should’ve been Zimmer they decapitated since he and his MV/RC crew are doing a lot of the BIG Hollywood movies now and days. By the way I’m not a Zimmer basher. I enjoed his Pacific Heights, Gladiator, Hannibal, Davinci Code, and some parts of his Batman Begins scores.

RCox
    Participant

Considering that Family Guy barely takes the effort to integrate their jokes in a convincing fashion (not that that’s a bad thing), I doubt they would have taken the effort to research if Elfman conducts his work. And, let’s face it, the “wacky” Elfman music of the 80s is his most used work (it seems that every year at least one trailer uses the Beetlejuice titles).

They probably used Elfman since he’s an arguably bigger name than Zimmer and most definately has a more distinctive writing style. People would have cheered too loudly if Zimmer was decapitated.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’m surprised they went with such an obscure joke. I mean, who else but us would get that? But seriously, Hans Zimmer would have been a better joke. And seeing Danny Elfman getting decapitated was traumatizing to me.

I love Family Guy and I loved the Star Wars episode on Sunday night…but I didn’t enjoy that scene AT ALL.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I just realized, was that yet another shot at “The Simpsons”?

gaba
    Participant

I thought that was absolutely hilarious. What actually made it better was the sheer obscurity of the joke: I laughed twice as much, thinking how many poeple actually went ‘wtf?’ and didn’t get it.
    I loved it!

(plus… on a personal note, today I kept getting messages from friends and acquaintances, saying how they “…thought of me immediately!” when they watched Family Guy yesterday :B Ahem. Too funny. They must see me as sucha total freak. ;-))

Spider-Fan Wrote:

> I just realized, was that yet another shot at “The
    > Simpsons”?

Perhaps…but Family Guy (and American Dad) has made numerous references to Danny Elfman. And they were positive!

9fingeredElf
    Participant

YouTube version has been taken off.

I put it up on Google: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-303043945597768287

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Family Guy is annoyingly lame, but I have to admit, this was pretty funny.

guitarfreak
    Participant

aw. not funny.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.