Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman for Halloween

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Anyone listening to some Elfman to get into the Halloween mood? Right now I’m listening to “The Tree of Death” from SLEEP HOLLOW, a nine-minute and thirty-eight second behemoth of everything in Elfman’s scare-score arsenal and the coolest rendition of the Headless Horseman choral theme in the entire score!

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Just saw Sleepy Hollow last night, and I love that unreleased music after Jonathan Masbath’s funeral. That cello bass beat is really soulful.

Also, I noticed that they tracked the music when the bogus horsemen chased Ichabod into the hollow over when the real horsemen chased Baltus into the church.

At any event, I love the Sleepy Hollow main theme. One of Elfman’s best. It’s a long-lined melody, which he really hasn’t done in a while.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

The music part when the horseman is chopping into the ground to get the kid has got to be one of the most blood curdling and horrifying parts of any film score to date. Those brass stabs and that weird percussion thing … I would almost rank it as high as the string eeks of psycho. Brilliant stuff.

mootum
    Participant

I just finished listening to Corpse Bride while decorating the apartment for Halloween (and wearing my Corpse Bride shirt), and I’m getting my stereo set up to pipe Nightmare Before Christmas outside for the trick-or-treaters. (Our neighborhood’s trick-or-treat day is today.)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I too must compile this year’s Halloween playlist. Fun stuff!

P1Nhead
    Participant

yes! I’m totally getting in the mood… Deadman’s Party, No One Lives Forever, This is Halloween, etc… and other non-Halloween related Boingo or Elfman tunes, too…

gaba
    Participant

Actually, my celebration of Halloween boiled down to watching “Psycho” (the original one) with my mom and dad. Which becamse slightly Danny-related when, upon the first few violin passages my dad turns to me and says: “Oh, sounds like ‘your guy’ ripped off a lot from this one, hasn’t he?”
    Buaha.
    God, it’s a pain to have musical parents at times. ;-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.