Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman is “Film Composer of the Year”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    D-Bo
    Participant

As was posted a month ago, Elfman received the most nominations — seven in total — in the International Film Music Critics Association’s awards for scoring excellence in 2008, and it looks like the winners were announced yesterday. They say:

“Danny Elfman is named Film Composer of the Year for his excellence in scoring four high-profile movies this year (2008): MILK, WANTED, HELLBOY II: THE GOLDEN ARMY and STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. The latter score also wins Elfman an individual scoring award for Best Original Score for a Documentary Feature.”

IFMCA announces its 2008 winners for scoring excellence

Nick Parker
    Participant

Excellent.

elfboy91
    Participant

Super!

gordonblu
    Participant

Woo-HOO! S.O.P. won something!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hm, I have yet to listen to that score. Apparently, if I love Serenada Schizophrana, I will love Standard Operating Procedure. Is that true?

gordonblu
    Participant

The quotes of Serenada are few and far between in the score. It does have very strong thematic writing and some interesting stylistic choices. In short it wasn’t what I expected and is in my top five scores for 2008.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

They’re both different. I don’t know why pieces of Serenada were injected into the score, really. The score is awesome, but it’s not as brilliant or as varied as his epic concert work.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well there’s no reason to call it “epic” when it’s a documentary film, and a documentary film about U.S. military prison torture!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I never said it should be. I’m just pointing out differences, that’s all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.